Jason Derulo Releases Official Trailer for 'It Girl' Video
Jason Derulo hyped up the upcoming premiere of his new music video for single "It Girl" by dropping an official teaser. The sneak peek gives a look at the "Watcha Say" hitmaker wooing the girl of his dreams before the video comes out in full next Monday, August 15.
His love interest in the clip is played by "One Life to Live" actress Tika Sumpter. In real life, the twosome have been romantically linked after being spotted going out together in several occasions. Most recently, they reportedly had a romantic dinner at the Cooper Square Hotel in New York City.
"It Girl" is recorded for Derulo's upcoming studio album "Future History". Talking about the single, he explained it's to describe "someone who is selfless, someone who's always thinking about others before she thinks about herself."
"You know, my mom is a very charitable woman, so I'd want someone who is in line with that kind of thought process. I also like a girl who's polite. I feel like that's a lost art, and just saying 'please' and 'thank you' goes a very long way with me. That's just so lost these days."
The album itself is expected to come out in the United States in September. "People talk about the second album pressures all the time, but when you're writing your own material I think the pressures go away. The reason why I work as hard as I do, is now that I have fans I feel like I have an obligation," he once said.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'