Details of Coldplay's New Album Include Odd Title
Coldplay have released several details about their fifth album and they decided to call it "Mylo Xyloto" which is pronounced my-lo zy-letoe. Once again, the record will feature additional contributions from producer Brian Eno who, at the same time, provides "enoxification" for the highly-anticipated album.
"Mylo Xyloto" actually had been suggested by the band's fan back in July. The fan searched information on Chris Martin and found out that the title was registered on the Performing Rights Society website. No clue on the meaning behind the title but latin dictionary explains that "mylo" means "disambigious" and "xyloto" is used to describe a family of hooverfly insects.
Available in digital, CD and vinyl formats, the new album will hit the stores in the U.S. on October 25. "A special limited edition Pop-Up Album version will also be available, which will include a 12" x 12" hardback book containing graffiti pop-up art designed by David A. Carter, vinyl, CD and exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks," the official announcement read.
In addition to Eno, the production is supported by Markus Dravs, Daniel Green and Rik Simpson. "Paradise", follow up single of "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall", would be released on September 12. The band would hit the road in both U.K. and U.S. in December and worldwide next spring.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!