Details of Coldplay's New Album Include Odd Title
Coldplay have released several details about their fifth album and they decided to call it "Mylo Xyloto" which is pronounced my-lo zy-letoe. Once again, the record will feature additional contributions from producer Brian Eno who, at the same time, provides "enoxification" for the highly-anticipated album.
"Mylo Xyloto" actually had been suggested by the band's fan back in July. The fan searched information on Chris Martin and found out that the title was registered on the Performing Rights Society website. No clue on the meaning behind the title but latin dictionary explains that "mylo" means "disambigious" and "xyloto" is used to describe a family of hooverfly insects.
Available in digital, CD and vinyl formats, the new album will hit the stores in the U.S. on October 25. "A special limited edition Pop-Up Album version will also be available, which will include a 12" x 12" hardback book containing graffiti pop-up art designed by David A. Carter, vinyl, CD and exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks," the official announcement read.
In addition to Eno, the production is supported by Markus Dravs, Daniel Green and Rik Simpson. "Paradise", follow up single of "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall", would be released on September 12. The band would hit the road in both U.K. and U.S. in December and worldwide next spring.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune