Details of Coldplay's New Album Include Odd Title
Coldplay have released several details about their fifth album and they decided to call it "Mylo Xyloto" which is pronounced my-lo zy-letoe. Once again, the record will feature additional contributions from producer Brian Eno who, at the same time, provides "enoxification" for the highly-anticipated album.
"Mylo Xyloto" actually had been suggested by the band's fan back in July. The fan searched information on Chris Martin and found out that the title was registered on the Performing Rights Society website. No clue on the meaning behind the title but latin dictionary explains that "mylo" means "disambigious" and "xyloto" is used to describe a family of hooverfly insects.
Available in digital, CD and vinyl formats, the new album will hit the stores in the U.S. on October 25. "A special limited edition Pop-Up Album version will also be available, which will include a 12" x 12" hardback book containing graffiti pop-up art designed by David A. Carter, vinyl, CD and exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks," the official announcement read.
In addition to Eno, the production is supported by Markus Dravs, Daniel Green and Rik Simpson. "Paradise", follow up single of "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall", would be released on September 12. The band would hit the road in both U.K. and U.S. in December and worldwide next spring.
More Coldplay News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?