'Bridget Jones Diary 3' Officially on the Way
Back in 2009, Renee Zellweger had to deny rumors that the third "Bridget Jones Diary" movie was in the works. The confirmation took more than a year to come out. EW reported that Working Title Films which produced the first and second movie is moving ahead with "Bridget Jones 3".
Other details about the movie including whether the three lead stars Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant would be back, are not available yet. Working Title has been mulling the project since 2009 and early July this year, there was a word that Paul Feig would direct the third film.
Concerning the plot, Helen Fielding, author of the novels the movie is based on, said that the third book she is penning would revolve around Bridget trying to conceive in her 40s. "I will be working on both the book and the film but I don't know if they are the same thing yet. It's not been decided," Fielding said.
Offering his take on the story, Firth who plays Mark Darcy told EW last year, "I can tell you that Bridget and Mark can't have children, I think that's the way it goes on. So then she makes the huge mistake of going back to Daniel Cleaver [Grant's character] for long enough to get pregnant. And I think he dumps her, and she's left stranded, and guess who comes back to rescue her?"
More Bridget Jones's Baby News
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017