'Bridget Jones Diary 3' Officially on the Way
Back in 2009, Renee Zellweger had to deny rumors that the third "Bridget Jones Diary" movie was in the works. The confirmation took more than a year to come out. EW reported that Working Title Films which produced the first and second movie is moving ahead with "Bridget Jones 3".
Other details about the movie including whether the three lead stars Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant would be back, are not available yet. Working Title has been mulling the project since 2009 and early July this year, there was a word that Paul Feig would direct the third film.
Concerning the plot, Helen Fielding, author of the novels the movie is based on, said that the third book she is penning would revolve around Bridget trying to conceive in her 40s. "I will be working on both the book and the film but I don't know if they are the same thing yet. It's not been decided," Fielding said.
Offering his take on the story, Firth who plays Mark Darcy told EW last year, "I can tell you that Bridget and Mark can't have children, I think that's the way it goes on. So then she makes the huge mistake of going back to Daniel Cleaver [Grant's character] for long enough to get pregnant. And I think he dumps her, and she's left stranded, and guess who comes back to rescue her?"
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress