'The Avengers' Filmed in Highly-Secured NASA Facility
"The Avengers" has filmed some of its scenes at the highly-secured National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in Plum Brook near Sandusky, Ohio this week. Officials from the office said that Marvel Studios have paid an undisclosed amount of fee to use the massive Space Power Facility as the set of some scenes in their upcoming superhero film.
At a press conference on Thursday, August 11, Marvel officials explained that Plum Brook Station played an important role in bringing the film to Ohio. The officials said that NASA welcomed the business and wished that more Hollywood movies will be filmed at the site. Although Marvel remained silent on the plot details, it is reported that in the film, NASA is plotted to team up with S.H.I.E.L.D.
Co-producer Jeremy Latchman said that stars who are involved in the production, which takes place at the NASA building, are Jeremy Renner who plays Hawkeye, and Samuel L. Jackson who plays S.H.I.E.L.D head Nick Fury. Renner has been spotted outside the dome-shaped building and getting his hair styled, but members of the media are not allowed to be inside the site where the movie is being shot.
Latchman furthermore revealed that after finishing the filming in NASA facility, the production will move to another location at East Ninth Street before using other spots in Cleveland next Monday, August 15. In preparation of the upcoming shooting, East Ninth Street has already been transformed into a superhero war zone.
"The Avengers" is directed by Joss Whedon and is slated to hit U.S. theaters on May 4, 2012. Based on Marvel Comics famous characters that include Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor and Captain America, the film has Chris Evans, Clark Gregg, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson as well as Tom Hiddleston in addition to Jackson and Renner lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot