Bret Michaels, Nikki Sixx and More React to Jani Lane's Death
As soon as news of Jani Lane's death broke out, fellow musicians and celebrities alike made use of Twitter to express their grief. Poison lead singer Bret Michaels, Motley Crue co-founder Nikki Sixx and former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Chris Jericho were a few of them.
48-year-old Bret tweeted, "We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI." Meanwhile, 52-year-old Nikki posted, "I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP." Sixx: AM lead singer James Michael also wrote, "R.I.P. JANI LANE."
Sharing similar sentiment was Chris. In his posting, the professional wrestler said, "Sad to hear about the passing of Jani Lane." He went on to remember the former lead singer of glam rock band Warrant by writing, "Jani was a good guy and one of the best songwriters in the late 80s Dog Eat Dog-very underrated."
Two reality stars, Jennifer Gimenez of VH1's "Sober House" and Josie Stevens of E!'s "Married to Rock", also shared their sadness. Jennifer wrote, "My heart is very saddened by the loss of my friend JANI LANE! R.I.P Jani! May ur soul now rest!", and Josie tweeted, "Very sad to hear that Jani Lane passed away, my thoughts and heart go out to his friends, family and fans..."
Jani, who wrote Warrant's hits "Cherry Pie" and "I Saw Red", was found dead at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, California on Thursday evening, August 11, TMZ reported. Details surrounding his sudden passing are scarce, and no official cause of death has been released just yet. He was 47.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle