George Lopez Brings No Tears but A-List Stars on Final Show
"Lopez Tonight" has officially ended just a day after its cancellation was announced. But unlike most farewell shows, the last episode on Thursday, August 11 was not filled with tears. Instead, George Lopez kept audience laughing from the beginning with his monologue.
"I just figured out what I'm gonna do," the 50-year-old comedian/actor said when opening the show. "We're gonna take 'Lopez Tonight' and I'm gonna go play in Turkey." He dropped f-bombs when comparing what white men and black people can do or say, not to forget mentioning President Obama.
Creepy Little White Girl intervened his monologue with her creepy singing, and reminded Lopez about his show cancellation, before bringing more bad news for the host. From then on, the show welcomed more notable stars including Eva Longoria, Laker players Ron Artest and Derek Fisher, Slash as well as Arsenio Hall.
Eva showed up in a black mini dress and held a glass of wine, prompting Lopez to warn her, "Hey don't spill wine on that couch. It'll be in my house by Monday." Artest, meanwhile, did a stand-up comedy routine while wearing short shorts and knee-high socks.
Montage of memorable moments from the talk show was also played that night. Lopez then wrapped up the show by saying thank you to the crew and best friend Sandra Bullock. "I wanna thank Sandra Bullock, who, 11 years ago, took a chance on me. Thank you," he stated.
Still showing positive attitude after the end of "Lopez Tonight", he wrote back to those who have delivered supportive message on Twitter, "Let your New life begin call 1 800 get thin ! Thanks for all the love, I love you back !! In Las Vegas !! Guess the opening line tomorrow!"
George Lopez's monologue on final episode of "Lopez Tonight":
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift