USA Renews 'Suits', Orders 'In Plain Sight' for Last Season
USA Network has ordered a new season each for "Suits" and "In Plain Sight". While the renewal means another chance to prove itself for freshman "Suits", it is not the same case with "In Plain Sight".
The upcoming season will be the fifth as well as the last for the Mary McCormack-starring crime series since the network will cancel the show next year, although it averages a strong 4.9 million viewers. The final season will debut next spring and consist of 8 episodes, shorter than the 13-episode season 4.
"Suits", meanwhile, will get 16 episodes, four more than its first season. The legal drama starring Patrick J. Adams and Gabriel Macht has become USA's third-best freshman season of an original series in all key ratings categories with 6.34 million viewers.
The network is also expected to renew another freshman "Necessary Roughness" though it does not perform as good as "Suits". "It may be a little bit quieter but they have done a great job creatively and we also think it's a long-term success for us," USA co-president Jeff Wachtel said of the new drama series.
In another news, USA has set Wednesday, October 12 at 10 P.M. as the premiere date for season 6 of "Psych".
More Suits News
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown