USA Renews 'Suits', Orders 'In Plain Sight' for Last Season
USA Network has ordered a new season each for "Suits" and "In Plain Sight". While the renewal means another chance to prove itself for freshman "Suits", it is not the same case with "In Plain Sight".
The upcoming season will be the fifth as well as the last for the Mary McCormack-starring crime series since the network will cancel the show next year, although it averages a strong 4.9 million viewers. The final season will debut next spring and consist of 8 episodes, shorter than the 13-episode season 4.
"Suits", meanwhile, will get 16 episodes, four more than its first season. The legal drama starring Patrick J. Adams and Gabriel Macht has become USA's third-best freshman season of an original series in all key ratings categories with 6.34 million viewers.
The network is also expected to renew another freshman "Necessary Roughness" though it does not perform as good as "Suits". "It may be a little bit quieter but they have done a great job creatively and we also think it's a long-term success for us," USA co-president Jeff Wachtel said of the new drama series.
In another news, USA has set Wednesday, October 12 at 10 P.M. as the premiere date for season 6 of "Psych".
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch