USA Renews 'Suits', Orders 'In Plain Sight' for Last Season
USA Network has ordered a new season each for "Suits" and "In Plain Sight". While the renewal means another chance to prove itself for freshman "Suits", it is not the same case with "In Plain Sight".
The upcoming season will be the fifth as well as the last for the Mary McCormack-starring crime series since the network will cancel the show next year, although it averages a strong 4.9 million viewers. The final season will debut next spring and consist of 8 episodes, shorter than the 13-episode season 4.
"Suits", meanwhile, will get 16 episodes, four more than its first season. The legal drama starring Patrick J. Adams and Gabriel Macht has become USA's third-best freshman season of an original series in all key ratings categories with 6.34 million viewers.
The network is also expected to renew another freshman "Necessary Roughness" though it does not perform as good as "Suits". "It may be a little bit quieter but they have done a great job creatively and we also think it's a long-term success for us," USA co-president Jeff Wachtel said of the new drama series.
In another news, USA has set Wednesday, October 12 at 10 P.M. as the premiere date for season 6 of "Psych".
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame