USA Renews 'Suits', Orders 'In Plain Sight' for Last Season
USA Network has ordered a new season each for "Suits" and "In Plain Sight". While the renewal means another chance to prove itself for freshman "Suits", it is not the same case with "In Plain Sight".
The upcoming season will be the fifth as well as the last for the Mary McCormack-starring crime series since the network will cancel the show next year, although it averages a strong 4.9 million viewers. The final season will debut next spring and consist of 8 episodes, shorter than the 13-episode season 4.
"Suits", meanwhile, will get 16 episodes, four more than its first season. The legal drama starring Patrick J. Adams and Gabriel Macht has become USA's third-best freshman season of an original series in all key ratings categories with 6.34 million viewers.
The network is also expected to renew another freshman "Necessary Roughness" though it does not perform as good as "Suits". "It may be a little bit quieter but they have done a great job creatively and we also think it's a long-term success for us," USA co-president Jeff Wachtel said of the new drama series.
In another news, USA has set Wednesday, October 12 at 10 P.M. as the premiere date for season 6 of "Psych".
More Suits News
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash