'True Blood' Officially Renewed for Season 5
HBO has given a greenlight to season 5 of "True Blood". Announcing the renewal on Thursday, August 11 was Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming, who credits Alan Ball and "his gifted team" for making "the greatest thrill ride on TV".
While Lombardo is "thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics", Ball chims in, "I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers. I can't imagine having more fun than this." The new season, which will debut in summer 2012, will consist of another 12 episodes.
Before HBO officially orders the fifth season, Ball has dished on his plans for the next chapter at the San Diego Comic-Con in July. He revealed that "spirits without bodies, which may or may not be ghosts, freakish demons and more unusual supernatural creatures never seen before" may appear on the Emmy-nominated show. Additionally, fans will finally find out how Eric made Pam.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie