'True Blood' Officially Renewed for Season 5
HBO has given a greenlight to season 5 of "True Blood". Announcing the renewal on Thursday, August 11 was Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming, who credits Alan Ball and "his gifted team" for making "the greatest thrill ride on TV".
While Lombardo is "thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics", Ball chims in, "I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers. I can't imagine having more fun than this." The new season, which will debut in summer 2012, will consist of another 12 episodes.
Before HBO officially orders the fifth season, Ball has dished on his plans for the next chapter at the San Diego Comic-Con in July. He revealed that "spirits without bodies, which may or may not be ghosts, freakish demons and more unusual supernatural creatures never seen before" may appear on the Emmy-nominated show. Additionally, fans will finally find out how Eric made Pam.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby