'True Blood' Officially Renewed for Season 5
HBO has given a greenlight to season 5 of "True Blood". Announcing the renewal on Thursday, August 11 was Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming, who credits Alan Ball and "his gifted team" for making "the greatest thrill ride on TV".
While Lombardo is "thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics", Ball chims in, "I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers. I can't imagine having more fun than this." The new season, which will debut in summer 2012, will consist of another 12 episodes.
Before HBO officially orders the fifth season, Ball has dished on his plans for the next chapter at the San Diego Comic-Con in July. He revealed that "spirits without bodies, which may or may not be ghosts, freakish demons and more unusual supernatural creatures never seen before" may appear on the Emmy-nominated show. Additionally, fans will finally find out how Eric made Pam.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'