'True Blood' Officially Renewed for Season 5
HBO has given a greenlight to season 5 of "True Blood". Announcing the renewal on Thursday, August 11 was Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming, who credits Alan Ball and "his gifted team" for making "the greatest thrill ride on TV".
While Lombardo is "thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics", Ball chims in, "I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers. I can't imagine having more fun than this." The new season, which will debut in summer 2012, will consist of another 12 episodes.
Before HBO officially orders the fifth season, Ball has dished on his plans for the next chapter at the San Diego Comic-Con in July. He revealed that "spirits without bodies, which may or may not be ghosts, freakish demons and more unusual supernatural creatures never seen before" may appear on the Emmy-nominated show. Additionally, fans will finally find out how Eric made Pam.
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'