'True Blood' Officially Renewed for Season 5
HBO has given a greenlight to season 5 of "True Blood". Announcing the renewal on Thursday, August 11 was Michael Lombardo, president of HBO Programming, who credits Alan Ball and "his gifted team" for making "the greatest thrill ride on TV".
While Lombardo is "thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics", Ball chims in, "I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers. I can't imagine having more fun than this." The new season, which will debut in summer 2012, will consist of another 12 episodes.
Before HBO officially orders the fifth season, Ball has dished on his plans for the next chapter at the San Diego Comic-Con in July. He revealed that "spirits without bodies, which may or may not be ghosts, freakish demons and more unusual supernatural creatures never seen before" may appear on the Emmy-nominated show. Additionally, fans will finally find out how Eric made Pam.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics