Ricki Lake Gets Engaged While on Vacation in Spain
There will be wedding bells in the near future for Ricki Lake. The original "Hairspray" star announced through Twitter on Thursday afternoon, August 11, that she is engaged to boyfriend of one year, Christian Evans. She wrote, "Thrilled to share some happy news with you..... I'm engaged! :)"
Along with the tweet, the 42-year-old let out a romantic photo of her and her now-fiance. She later shared her relief for being able to speak about the engagement. "The cat is out of the bag. Phew! I'm terrible at keeping secrets. :)," so she noted. In another tweet, she wrote, "Thank you so much for all the love and well wishes. :) Happy and Grateful."
Offering more details on Ricki's engagement to jewelry designer Christian was her representative Josh Sabarra. To E! News, the rep spilled, "They were in Spain on vacation and he popped the question." As for when the two are going to tie the knot, he said, "There's no plan or wedding date because it is obviously so recent."
This will be Ricki's second marriage. The former daytime talk show host was previously married to Rob Sussman for 10 years, before divorcing in 2005. From the marriage, she has two sons, 14-year-old Milo and 9-year-old Owen. Back in May this year, she revealed that she is in no rush to get married again, but added, "Never say never."
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic