Bruno Mars Announced as 28th MTV VMAs Performer
A performance from Bruno Mars would be one of the highlights at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The network has just announced that the "Grenade" crooner would be back on their stage as performer at the August 28 event. He previously joined B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 bash.
"We're thrilled to have Bruno Mars bring his exceptional talent to the VMA stage," said Amy Doyle, Executive Producer of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and EVP, Music & Talent, MTV. "He is one of the most exciting live performers today and with his artistic versatility, he will undoubtedly deliver a standout performance."
Mars, who joins Chris Brown, Adele, Lil Wayne and Young the Giant in performers list, is nominated for Video of the Year at the event. "I grew up watching VMAs. I know every performance," Mars recently told MTV News. "Ever since I was a kid, I've been watching MTV VMAs, and when we got the phone call saying that my video was up for Video of the Year, that's the big-boy award."
Meanwhile, the list of presenters which has also been announced includes Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future.
More Bruno Mars News
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign