Bruno Mars Announced as 28th MTV VMAs Performer
A performance from Bruno Mars would be one of the highlights at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The network has just announced that the "Grenade" crooner would be back on their stage as performer at the August 28 event. He previously joined B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 bash.
"We're thrilled to have Bruno Mars bring his exceptional talent to the VMA stage," said Amy Doyle, Executive Producer of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and EVP, Music & Talent, MTV. "He is one of the most exciting live performers today and with his artistic versatility, he will undoubtedly deliver a standout performance."
Mars, who joins Chris Brown, Adele, Lil Wayne and Young the Giant in performers list, is nominated for Video of the Year at the event. "I grew up watching VMAs. I know every performance," Mars recently told MTV News. "Ever since I was a kid, I've been watching MTV VMAs, and when we got the phone call saying that my video was up for Video of the Year, that's the big-boy award."
Meanwhile, the list of presenters which has also been announced includes Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future.
More Bruno Mars News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season