Bruno Mars Announced as 28th MTV VMAs Performer
A performance from Bruno Mars would be one of the highlights at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The network has just announced that the "Grenade" crooner would be back on their stage as performer at the August 28 event. He previously joined B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 bash.
"We're thrilled to have Bruno Mars bring his exceptional talent to the VMA stage," said Amy Doyle, Executive Producer of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and EVP, Music & Talent, MTV. "He is one of the most exciting live performers today and with his artistic versatility, he will undoubtedly deliver a standout performance."
Mars, who joins Chris Brown, Adele, Lil Wayne and Young the Giant in performers list, is nominated for Video of the Year at the event. "I grew up watching VMAs. I know every performance," Mars recently told MTV News. "Ever since I was a kid, I've been watching MTV VMAs, and when we got the phone call saying that my video was up for Video of the Year, that's the big-boy award."
Meanwhile, the list of presenters which has also been announced includes Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future.
More Bruno Mars News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns