Bruno Mars Announced as 28th MTV VMAs Performer
A performance from Bruno Mars would be one of the highlights at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The network has just announced that the "Grenade" crooner would be back on their stage as performer at the August 28 event. He previously joined B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 bash.
"We're thrilled to have Bruno Mars bring his exceptional talent to the VMA stage," said Amy Doyle, Executive Producer of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and EVP, Music & Talent, MTV. "He is one of the most exciting live performers today and with his artistic versatility, he will undoubtedly deliver a standout performance."
Mars, who joins Chris Brown, Adele, Lil Wayne and Young the Giant in performers list, is nominated for Video of the Year at the event. "I grew up watching VMAs. I know every performance," Mars recently told MTV News. "Ever since I was a kid, I've been watching MTV VMAs, and when we got the phone call saying that my video was up for Video of the Year, that's the big-boy award."
Meanwhile, the list of presenters which has also been announced includes Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future.
More Bruno Mars News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'