Bruno Mars Announced as 28th MTV VMAs Performer
A performance from Bruno Mars would be one of the highlights at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The network has just announced that the "Grenade" crooner would be back on their stage as performer at the August 28 event. He previously joined B.o.B and Hayley Williams at the 2010 bash.
"We're thrilled to have Bruno Mars bring his exceptional talent to the VMA stage," said Amy Doyle, Executive Producer of the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and EVP, Music & Talent, MTV. "He is one of the most exciting live performers today and with his artistic versatility, he will undoubtedly deliver a standout performance."
Mars, who joins Chris Brown, Adele, Lil Wayne and Young the Giant in performers list, is nominated for Video of the Year at the event. "I grew up watching VMAs. I know every performance," Mars recently told MTV News. "Ever since I was a kid, I've been watching MTV VMAs, and when we got the phone call saying that my video was up for Video of the Year, that's the big-boy award."
Meanwhile, the list of presenters which has also been announced includes Jonah Hill, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Kim Kardashian and Odd Future.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour