George Lopez Addresses Show's Cancellation, Conan O'Brien Also Reacts
George Lopez has given a response to TBS' decision not to renew his talk show. Opening one of the last two episodes of "Lopez Tonight" on Wednesday, August 10, the funnyman broke the news to those who had not heard about the cancellation, before joking about unemployment rates and how Latinos are affected by it.
Taking it with class and dignity, he went on sharing what he will do next after his show takes the final bow. "Like every TV star before me, I'mma find some crack. I'mma get on the pipe! Lose that unwanted 110 pounds I wanted to lose. But I'm taking it good, I'm straight, believe me. I'm fine. My goddesses are a wreck," he said, while revealing that he is signed for "The Smurfs" sequel.
On another TBS show, Conan O'Brien expressed his sympathy for the cancellation. Using a few seconds of "CONAN" to address the matter on Wednesday, he admitted that he was sad to learn that the network and Lopez could not work it out to avoid such move.
O'Brien, whose show pushed Lopez's to a later time slot, additionally credited the "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" star for being supportive about him joining TBS and doing "CONAN".
Previously, other celebrities have also reacted to "Lopez Tonight" cancellation. Taking it to Twitter, "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon wrote, "I'm BUMMED!! I was looking forward to doing your show on Monday!!" Lopez later thanked those who have supported him, tweeting, "Thanks for all your message's and support .. Have a great night everybody !"
George Lopez on "Lopez Tonight":
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope