George Lopez Addresses Show's Cancellation, Conan O'Brien Also Reacts
George Lopez has given a response to TBS' decision not to renew his talk show. Opening one of the last two episodes of "Lopez Tonight" on Wednesday, August 10, the funnyman broke the news to those who had not heard about the cancellation, before joking about unemployment rates and how Latinos are affected by it.
Taking it with class and dignity, he went on sharing what he will do next after his show takes the final bow. "Like every TV star before me, I'mma find some crack. I'mma get on the pipe! Lose that unwanted 110 pounds I wanted to lose. But I'm taking it good, I'm straight, believe me. I'm fine. My goddesses are a wreck," he said, while revealing that he is signed for "The Smurfs" sequel.
On another TBS show, Conan O'Brien expressed his sympathy for the cancellation. Using a few seconds of "CONAN" to address the matter on Wednesday, he admitted that he was sad to learn that the network and Lopez could not work it out to avoid such move.
O'Brien, whose show pushed Lopez's to a later time slot, additionally credited the "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" star for being supportive about him joining TBS and doing "CONAN".
Previously, other celebrities have also reacted to "Lopez Tonight" cancellation. Taking it to Twitter, "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon wrote, "I'm BUMMED!! I was looking forward to doing your show on Monday!!" Lopez later thanked those who have supported him, tweeting, "Thanks for all your message's and support .. Have a great night everybody !"
George Lopez on "Lopez Tonight":
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama