George Lopez Addresses Show's Cancellation, Conan O'Brien Also Reacts
George Lopez has given a response to TBS' decision not to renew his talk show. Opening one of the last two episodes of "Lopez Tonight" on Wednesday, August 10, the funnyman broke the news to those who had not heard about the cancellation, before joking about unemployment rates and how Latinos are affected by it.
Taking it with class and dignity, he went on sharing what he will do next after his show takes the final bow. "Like every TV star before me, I'mma find some crack. I'mma get on the pipe! Lose that unwanted 110 pounds I wanted to lose. But I'm taking it good, I'm straight, believe me. I'm fine. My goddesses are a wreck," he said, while revealing that he is signed for "The Smurfs" sequel.
On another TBS show, Conan O'Brien expressed his sympathy for the cancellation. Using a few seconds of "CONAN" to address the matter on Wednesday, he admitted that he was sad to learn that the network and Lopez could not work it out to avoid such move.
O'Brien, whose show pushed Lopez's to a later time slot, additionally credited the "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" star for being supportive about him joining TBS and doing "CONAN".
Previously, other celebrities have also reacted to "Lopez Tonight" cancellation. Taking it to Twitter, "Rizzoli & Isles" star Angie Harmon wrote, "I'm BUMMED!! I was looking forward to doing your show on Monday!!" Lopez later thanked those who have supported him, tweeting, "Thanks for all your message's and support .. Have a great night everybody !"
George Lopez on "Lopez Tonight":
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage