Nicki Minaj Breaks Hot 100 Record With 'Super Bass'
Nicki Minaj has celebrated another chart record. A year after becoming the first femcee to top Billboard Rap Songs since Lil' Kim reigned it with 2003's "Magic Stick", the Barbz Queen scored Hot 100 highest-charting single by female rapper in nearly a decade.
28-year-old Minaj got the accolade for climbing to No. 3 on the U.S. single chart with her latest offering "Super Bass". The Young Money first lady becomes the first female MC to reach such high place since Missy Elliott peaked at No. 2 with "Work It" in 2002.
"Nicki isn't like any other female rapper," Cash Money co-founder/co-CEO Ronald "Slim" Williams sang praise for her. "We knew she had the goods when Lil Wayne signed her. She's not a female rapper -- she's a pop star who happens to rap."
While Minaj successfully broke record, fellow artist Katy Perry who is expected to score another accolade by moving up to No. 1 remains at the runner-up place. If she climbs up to the top spot, she will be placed next to Michael Jackson as the only artists to have five chart-topping single from one album.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked