Nicki Minaj Breaks Hot 100 Record With 'Super Bass'
Nicki Minaj has celebrated another chart record. A year after becoming the first femcee to top Billboard Rap Songs since Lil' Kim reigned it with 2003's "Magic Stick", the Barbz Queen scored Hot 100 highest-charting single by female rapper in nearly a decade.
28-year-old Minaj got the accolade for climbing to No. 3 on the U.S. single chart with her latest offering "Super Bass". The Young Money first lady becomes the first female MC to reach such high place since Missy Elliott peaked at No. 2 with "Work It" in 2002.
"Nicki isn't like any other female rapper," Cash Money co-founder/co-CEO Ronald "Slim" Williams sang praise for her. "We knew she had the goods when Lil Wayne signed her. She's not a female rapper -- she's a pop star who happens to rap."
While Minaj successfully broke record, fellow artist Katy Perry who is expected to score another accolade by moving up to No. 1 remains at the runner-up place. If she climbs up to the top spot, she will be placed next to Michael Jackson as the only artists to have five chart-topping single from one album.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son