Nicki Minaj Breaks Hot 100 Record With 'Super Bass'
Nicki Minaj has celebrated another chart record. A year after becoming the first femcee to top Billboard Rap Songs since Lil' Kim reigned it with 2003's "Magic Stick", the Barbz Queen scored Hot 100 highest-charting single by female rapper in nearly a decade.
28-year-old Minaj got the accolade for climbing to No. 3 on the U.S. single chart with her latest offering "Super Bass". The Young Money first lady becomes the first female MC to reach such high place since Missy Elliott peaked at No. 2 with "Work It" in 2002.
"Nicki isn't like any other female rapper," Cash Money co-founder/co-CEO Ronald "Slim" Williams sang praise for her. "We knew she had the goods when Lil Wayne signed her. She's not a female rapper -- she's a pop star who happens to rap."
While Minaj successfully broke record, fellow artist Katy Perry who is expected to score another accolade by moving up to No. 1 remains at the runner-up place. If she climbs up to the top spot, she will be placed next to Michael Jackson as the only artists to have five chart-topping single from one album.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up