Video Premiere: Mary J. Blige's 'Living Proof' From 'The Help'
On the day Emma Stone-starring movie "The Help" arrives in the United States on August 10, one of its soundtracks called "The Living Proof" got an accompanying music video. It features Mary J. Blige belting out its emotional lyrics. All the while, random scenes from the drama are flashed on the screen.
Talking about singing the ballad for the movie's theme song, Blige once said, "I wanted to be involved with this film, because I think we need to encourage each other more, we are here to tell a story." She added, "The beautiful thing about these women is that they were very smart. To speak to so many women with this song means a lot to me."
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, "The Help" is based on a #1 New York Times best-selling book of the same name. The drama film tells a story of a young white woman and two African-American maids who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk.
Mary J. Blige's "Living Proof" music video
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'