Video Premiere: Mary J. Blige's 'Living Proof' From 'The Help'
On the day Emma Stone-starring movie "The Help" arrives in the United States on August 10, one of its soundtracks called "The Living Proof" got an accompanying music video. It features Mary J. Blige belting out its emotional lyrics. All the while, random scenes from the drama are flashed on the screen.
Talking about singing the ballad for the movie's theme song, Blige once said, "I wanted to be involved with this film, because I think we need to encourage each other more, we are here to tell a story." She added, "The beautiful thing about these women is that they were very smart. To speak to so many women with this song means a lot to me."
Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, "The Help" is based on a #1 New York Times best-selling book of the same name. The drama film tells a story of a young white woman and two African-American maids who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'