'Supernatural' Star to Hunt Vampires on 'Vampire Diaries'
A man may threaten the existence of vampires in the new season of "The Vampire Diaries". Entertainment Weekly reports that Sebastian Roche has been cast as a recurring guest star to take the role of "a very mysterious man who appears to be hunting vampires, most specifically Klaus."
The character was originally to be named Eric, but will be changed to avoid accidental "True Blood" comparisons since the CW show will also introduce a new character named Bill in season 3. Both Bill, who will be played by former "Heroes" star Jack Coleman, and Roche's character are expected to appear during the third season's first chapter.
Gushing about the new vampire hunter, executive producer Julie Plec tells EW, "For some reason, Klaus, who shouldn't be afraid of anybody, seems to be concerned about this person." She goes on describing, "He is big, and he is bad, but I would dare not say if he is the true Big Bad or not, trademark Joss Whedon."
Teasing about more new characters on the fantasy series, Plec adds, "There might be some bigger and badder people coming [later]."
Roche appeared on "Supernatural" last season as rebellious angel Balthazar. The 47-year-old French actor also landed role on other TV series such as "24", "Fringe" and most recently "Criminal Minds".
"The Vampire Diaries" will return on Thursday, September 15 at 8/7c on The CW.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift