'Supernatural' Star to Hunt Vampires on 'Vampire Diaries'
A man may threaten the existence of vampires in the new season of "The Vampire Diaries". Entertainment Weekly reports that Sebastian Roche has been cast as a recurring guest star to take the role of "a very mysterious man who appears to be hunting vampires, most specifically Klaus."
The character was originally to be named Eric, but will be changed to avoid accidental "True Blood" comparisons since the CW show will also introduce a new character named Bill in season 3. Both Bill, who will be played by former "Heroes" star Jack Coleman, and Roche's character are expected to appear during the third season's first chapter.
Gushing about the new vampire hunter, executive producer Julie Plec tells EW, "For some reason, Klaus, who shouldn't be afraid of anybody, seems to be concerned about this person." She goes on describing, "He is big, and he is bad, but I would dare not say if he is the true Big Bad or not, trademark Joss Whedon."
Teasing about more new characters on the fantasy series, Plec adds, "There might be some bigger and badder people coming [later]."
Roche appeared on "Supernatural" last season as rebellious angel Balthazar. The 47-year-old French actor also landed role on other TV series such as "24", "Fringe" and most recently "Criminal Minds".
"The Vampire Diaries" will return on Thursday, September 15 at 8/7c on The CW.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen