'Lopez Tonight' Cancelled After Two Seasons, Stars Tweet for Support
A Thursday (August 11) episode will be the last for "Lopez Tonight". TBS has announced its decision to cancel the George Lopez-hosted late night show on Wednesday, August 10. "TBS has reached the difficult decision not to order a third season of Lopez Tonight," so the network said in a statement.
"We are proud to have partnered with George Lopez, who is an immensely talented comedian and entertainer," it was added. "TBS has valued its partnership with George and appreciates all of his work on behalf of the network, both on and off the air."
Soon after the news hit the headlines, some celebrities have sounded off their disappointment. Angie Harmon, one of the lead actresses on "Rizzoli & Isles", tweeted, "I'm BUMMED!! I was looking forward to doing your show on Monday!!"
Holly Robinson Peete, the co-host of CBS' talk show "The Talk", was even bolder in her comment. "NOOOOOO BOOOOO!" she wrote in response to the news about the cancellation. Meanwhile, comedienne Roseanne Barr seemingly offered a consolation by tweeting, "so sorry to hear of your cancellation--you are great!"
"Lopez Tonight" dropped 40% in viewership in its second season, averaging 546,000 viewers nightly. Last year, it was pushed back to a later time slot to accomodate Conan O'Brien's talk show "CONAN" which has averaged 1 million viewers in the 11 P.M. slot since debuting in 2010.
Instead of blaming O'Brien's show for "Lopez" rating drop, insiders reportedly thought that Lopez's show might have been axed sooner if O'Brien had not joined the network.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises