Confirmed: All Three Judges Are Back to 'American Idol'
Good news comes in three. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe confirmed on Wednesday, August 10 that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson will all return to the new season of "American Idol" as judges.
"I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of American Idol [Seacrest] is back for the next season," Lythgoe said during a call to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. In addition, he also informed that the judges would hit the road soon for 11 auditions in such cities as San Diego, Denver, Portland, Charleston and Pittsburgh among others.
Lopez was the last judge whose involvement in the 11th season was questionable. She said earlier this year, "I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to making a choice of really what I want to do for the next year."
Lopez admitted that eventually the contestants made her come back. "You get to know their hopes and their dreams on camera, off-camera. You're helping them off camera, you're helping them on camera and it's this crazy ride you go on together," she said.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'