Confirmed: All Three Judges Are Back to 'American Idol'
Good news comes in three. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe confirmed on Wednesday, August 10 that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson will all return to the new season of "American Idol" as judges.
"I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of American Idol [Seacrest] is back for the next season," Lythgoe said during a call to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. In addition, he also informed that the judges would hit the road soon for 11 auditions in such cities as San Diego, Denver, Portland, Charleston and Pittsburgh among others.
Lopez was the last judge whose involvement in the 11th season was questionable. She said earlier this year, "I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to making a choice of really what I want to do for the next year."
Lopez admitted that eventually the contestants made her come back. "You get to know their hopes and their dreams on camera, off-camera. You're helping them off camera, you're helping them on camera and it's this crazy ride you go on together," she said.
More American Idol News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story