Confirmed: All Three Judges Are Back to 'American Idol'
Good news comes in three. Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe confirmed on Wednesday, August 10 that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson will all return to the new season of "American Idol" as judges.
"I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of American Idol [Seacrest] is back for the next season," Lythgoe said during a call to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. In addition, he also informed that the judges would hit the road soon for 11 auditions in such cities as San Diego, Denver, Portland, Charleston and Pittsburgh among others.
Lopez was the last judge whose involvement in the 11th season was questionable. She said earlier this year, "I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to making a choice of really what I want to do for the next year."
Lopez admitted that eventually the contestants made her come back. "You get to know their hopes and their dreams on camera, off-camera. You're helping them off camera, you're helping them on camera and it's this crazy ride you go on together," she said.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed