Rebecca Black Removed From School After Constant Bullying
Bullying is nothing new to Rebecca Black but it reaches to a point where she has to move to a new environment. The "Friday" singer has been removed from her school by her mother due to constant harassment from her classmates last spring after her instant YouTube fame.
Black's song was the subject of criticism ever since it was released on YouTube. Saying that she was "cyberbullied", Black also received the same treatment during her 7th grade year. "When I walk by they'll start singing 'Friday' in a really nasally voice. Or, you know, they'll be like, 'Oh hey, Rebecca, guess what day it is?' " she just described to ABC News.
Black will now be home-schooled by her mother Georgina Marquez who happens to be a teacher. Marquez will also help her 14-year-old to focus on her career and she has hired a bodyguard to protect Black's safety.
Despite having haters, Black recently won Choice Web Star at Teen Choice Awards which is vote-based.
More Rebecca Black News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role