New Chief of Surgery on 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 8 Unveiled
The replacement of Chief Webber on "Grey's Anatomy" has been revealed. Dr. Owen Hunt, who was previously enlisted to pick the new Chief Resident, will become the new Chief of Surgery at Seattle Grace Hospital as soon as season 8 begins, replacing Dr. Richard Webber.
"He's as surprised as anybody else about this. And he's nervous about it," Kevin McKidd, who portrays Owen, dished on his character's reaction. "He's a man of action, really, and the head of trauma surgery - that's what he knows. Suddenly, he's in a more administrative position. I think the way he deals with that is going to be interesting."
Things will not be easy for Owen with this most unexpected change in the hierarchy. "People give him a hard time," McKidd explained. "It's not going to be easy for Owen being the chief in the aftermath of Richard Webber," because "these doctors and surgeons have huge egos, and they don't like administrative change."
As it has been reported before, Chief Webber will step down from the position in the upcoming season after taking the fall for Meredith's misdeeds with the Alzheimer's clinical trial last season. However, James Pickens Jr. who plays the character is still enlisted as a cast member of "Grey's" next season.
"Grey's Anatomy" will return with a special two-hour premiere on Thursday, September 22 at 9 P.M.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation