New Chief of Surgery on 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 8 Unveiled
The replacement of Chief Webber on "Grey's Anatomy" has been revealed. Dr. Owen Hunt, who was previously enlisted to pick the new Chief Resident, will become the new Chief of Surgery at Seattle Grace Hospital as soon as season 8 begins, replacing Dr. Richard Webber.
"He's as surprised as anybody else about this. And he's nervous about it," Kevin McKidd, who portrays Owen, dished on his character's reaction. "He's a man of action, really, and the head of trauma surgery - that's what he knows. Suddenly, he's in a more administrative position. I think the way he deals with that is going to be interesting."
Things will not be easy for Owen with this most unexpected change in the hierarchy. "People give him a hard time," McKidd explained. "It's not going to be easy for Owen being the chief in the aftermath of Richard Webber," because "these doctors and surgeons have huge egos, and they don't like administrative change."
As it has been reported before, Chief Webber will step down from the position in the upcoming season after taking the fall for Meredith's misdeeds with the Alzheimer's clinical trial last season. However, James Pickens Jr. who plays the character is still enlisted as a cast member of "Grey's" next season.
"Grey's Anatomy" will return with a special two-hour premiere on Thursday, September 22 at 9 P.M.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked