New Chief of Surgery on 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 8 Unveiled
The replacement of Chief Webber on "Grey's Anatomy" has been revealed. Dr. Owen Hunt, who was previously enlisted to pick the new Chief Resident, will become the new Chief of Surgery at Seattle Grace Hospital as soon as season 8 begins, replacing Dr. Richard Webber.
"He's as surprised as anybody else about this. And he's nervous about it," Kevin McKidd, who portrays Owen, dished on his character's reaction. "He's a man of action, really, and the head of trauma surgery - that's what he knows. Suddenly, he's in a more administrative position. I think the way he deals with that is going to be interesting."
Things will not be easy for Owen with this most unexpected change in the hierarchy. "People give him a hard time," McKidd explained. "It's not going to be easy for Owen being the chief in the aftermath of Richard Webber," because "these doctors and surgeons have huge egos, and they don't like administrative change."
As it has been reported before, Chief Webber will step down from the position in the upcoming season after taking the fall for Meredith's misdeeds with the Alzheimer's clinical trial last season. However, James Pickens Jr. who plays the character is still enlisted as a cast member of "Grey's" next season.
"Grey's Anatomy" will return with a special two-hour premiere on Thursday, September 22 at 9 P.M.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head