Ali Lohan Scores Modeling Contract, No Thanks to Famous Last Name
While Lindsay Lohan has been afflicted by one legal issue after another, her younger sister is making headline for getting her act together. It was recently announced that Ali Lohan has signed a multi-year modeling contract with NEXT Model Management, which have represented the likes of Miranda Kerr, Petra Nemcova and Molly Sims.
NEXT Los Angeles director Alexis Borges told Radar Online, "In Fashion, Ali will set herself apart as a bonefide icon." Stressing that Ali's famous last name has nothing to do with the contract, she further stated, "One that fashion fans will follow not because of her famous last name, but because of the beautiful images and fashion trends she is helping create."
One who couldn't be prouder for Ali's modeling gigs was her father Michael Lohan. He gushed, "It's been a long time coming, she's so beautiful and I think she will do very well." The 51-year-old added, "She just had to find her niche. I know she will be successful and won't get caught up in the industry after all she's learned from Lindsay."
Modeling won't be something new for 17-year-old Ali though. She has modeled the Spring/Summer 2011 collection of Lindsay's fashion line, 6126.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences