Out of Hospital, Gavin DeGraw Doesn't Remember Much About Attack
The questions why Gavin DeGraw was assaulted in New York City in the early hours of Monday (August 8) morning remain unanswered. A day afterward, the 34-year-old singer was released from Bellevue Hospital Center and took to Twitter to reveal that he can't remember what happened.
In his first posting after the attack, the "I Don't Want to Be" crooner wrote, "Hi my friends. Honestly, I don't remember much. I only know I can recover from here." He went on to thank fans for the well wishes. He noted in the same tweet, "Thank u all for your genuine concern. I love u guys."
News broke out on Monday that Gavin was hospitalized after a brutal attack by a group of assailants. According to a police source, the singer was walking through the Big Apple's East Village around 4:00 A.M. on Monday when he got into "some kind of argument" with a group of men.
When the verbal argument turned violent, the "In Love with a Girl" singer found himself under attack. Badly injured, he walked nearly a mile away before being lightly clipped by a cab. A police source told PEOPLE that Gavin "can't clearly recall" what he and his assailants argued about.
A statement from his representative read, "Gavin DeGraw is currently recovering and in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital where he was taken late Sunday night by ambulance after he was attacked by a group of assailants. He suffers from a concussion, broken nose, black eyes, cuts and bruises. The police are conducting an investigation of the attack."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythms' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle