Out of Hospital, Gavin DeGraw Doesn't Remember Much About Attack
The questions why Gavin DeGraw was assaulted in New York City in the early hours of Monday (August 8) morning remain unanswered. A day afterward, the 34-year-old singer was released from Bellevue Hospital Center and took to Twitter to reveal that he can't remember what happened.
In his first posting after the attack, the "I Don't Want to Be" crooner wrote, "Hi my friends. Honestly, I don't remember much. I only know I can recover from here." He went on to thank fans for the well wishes. He noted in the same tweet, "Thank u all for your genuine concern. I love u guys."
News broke out on Monday that Gavin was hospitalized after a brutal attack by a group of assailants. According to a police source, the singer was walking through the Big Apple's East Village around 4:00 A.M. on Monday when he got into "some kind of argument" with a group of men.
When the verbal argument turned violent, the "In Love with a Girl" singer found himself under attack. Badly injured, he walked nearly a mile away before being lightly clipped by a cab. A police source told PEOPLE that Gavin "can't clearly recall" what he and his assailants argued about.
A statement from his representative read, "Gavin DeGraw is currently recovering and in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital where he was taken late Sunday night by ambulance after he was attacked by a group of assailants. He suffers from a concussion, broken nose, black eyes, cuts and bruises. The police are conducting an investigation of the attack."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?