Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong to Star in Communism Film
Two powerhouses, Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong, are going to star opposite each other in "Closer to the Moon". Per Deadline, the movie which is produced by Michael Fitzgerald is a period drama set in communist Romania.
The Oscar nominated actress is to play Strong's former lover and mother of his child in the drama. Strong's character Max Rosenthal is "a former head of a criminal investigation unit for the Bucharest police force after he and four prominent Jews pulled off a bank robbery while assuring the crowds they were filming a movie."
Due to their Jewish roots, the gang are tried and sentenced to death, but only after the communist government forces them to re-enact their crime in a propaganda film. Farmiga's character returns from studying in Moscow as it happens.
Romanian film director and screenwriter Nae Caranfil is taking the directing duty and production will begin early this fall in Bucharest.
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films