Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong to Star in Communism Film
Two powerhouses, Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong, are going to star opposite each other in "Closer to the Moon". Per Deadline, the movie which is produced by Michael Fitzgerald is a period drama set in communist Romania.
The Oscar nominated actress is to play Strong's former lover and mother of his child in the drama. Strong's character Max Rosenthal is "a former head of a criminal investigation unit for the Bucharest police force after he and four prominent Jews pulled off a bank robbery while assuring the crowds they were filming a movie."
Due to their Jewish roots, the gang are tried and sentenced to death, but only after the communist government forces them to re-enact their crime in a propaganda film. Farmiga's character returns from studying in Moscow as it happens.
Romanian film director and screenwriter Nae Caranfil is taking the directing duty and production will begin early this fall in Bucharest.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'