Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong to Star in Communism Film
Two powerhouses, Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong, are going to star opposite each other in "Closer to the Moon". Per Deadline, the movie which is produced by Michael Fitzgerald is a period drama set in communist Romania.
The Oscar nominated actress is to play Strong's former lover and mother of his child in the drama. Strong's character Max Rosenthal is "a former head of a criminal investigation unit for the Bucharest police force after he and four prominent Jews pulled off a bank robbery while assuring the crowds they were filming a movie."
Due to their Jewish roots, the gang are tried and sentenced to death, but only after the communist government forces them to re-enact their crime in a propaganda film. Farmiga's character returns from studying in Moscow as it happens.
Romanian film director and screenwriter Nae Caranfil is taking the directing duty and production will begin early this fall in Bucharest.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'