Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong to Star in Communism Film
Two powerhouses, Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong, are going to star opposite each other in "Closer to the Moon". Per Deadline, the movie which is produced by Michael Fitzgerald is a period drama set in communist Romania.
The Oscar nominated actress is to play Strong's former lover and mother of his child in the drama. Strong's character Max Rosenthal is "a former head of a criminal investigation unit for the Bucharest police force after he and four prominent Jews pulled off a bank robbery while assuring the crowds they were filming a movie."
Due to their Jewish roots, the gang are tried and sentenced to death, but only after the communist government forces them to re-enact their crime in a propaganda film. Farmiga's character returns from studying in Moscow as it happens.
Romanian film director and screenwriter Nae Caranfil is taking the directing duty and production will begin early this fall in Bucharest.
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!