Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong to Star in Communism Film
Two powerhouses, Vera Farmiga and Mark Strong, are going to star opposite each other in "Closer to the Moon". Per Deadline, the movie which is produced by Michael Fitzgerald is a period drama set in communist Romania.
The Oscar nominated actress is to play Strong's former lover and mother of his child in the drama. Strong's character Max Rosenthal is "a former head of a criminal investigation unit for the Bucharest police force after he and four prominent Jews pulled off a bank robbery while assuring the crowds they were filming a movie."
Due to their Jewish roots, the gang are tried and sentenced to death, but only after the communist government forces them to re-enact their crime in a propaganda film. Farmiga's character returns from studying in Moscow as it happens.
Romanian film director and screenwriter Nae Caranfil is taking the directing duty and production will begin early this fall in Bucharest.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6