Lady GaGa, Eminem, Madonna and More Campaign for Africa
A-list stars like Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber, Eminem and Madonna have joined hands to support Save the Children's "I'm Gonna Be Your Friend" campaign. Using their social media power, they aim to raise funds and awareness for the drought, medicine and food crisis in East Africa.
The campaign is kicked off on Tuesday, August 9 with the celebrities taking to their Twitter or Facebook pages to raise awareness. Britney Spears was among the early ones, tweeting "Just got @BobMarley's "High Tide or Low Tide" - proceeds go to children in #EastAfrica. U all can help #beafriend -Brit".
Bob Marley's tune was personally chosen by his family to accompany a Kevin Macdonald-directed short movie about the appalling condition in Africa. The singer's widow Rita said, "Not one child should be denied food nor water. Not one child should suffer. Along with Save the Children, we must stand up together as friends to put a stop to this, to feed our children and to save their lives."
The video would be sold digitally with all proceeds going to Save the Children. The celebrities will continue raising the awareness until they have an audience of 700 million.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons