Lady GaGa, Eminem, Madonna and More Campaign for Africa
A-list stars like Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber, Eminem and Madonna have joined hands to support Save the Children's "I'm Gonna Be Your Friend" campaign. Using their social media power, they aim to raise funds and awareness for the drought, medicine and food crisis in East Africa.
The campaign is kicked off on Tuesday, August 9 with the celebrities taking to their Twitter or Facebook pages to raise awareness. Britney Spears was among the early ones, tweeting "Just got @BobMarley's "High Tide or Low Tide" - proceeds go to children in #EastAfrica. U all can help #beafriend -Brit".
Bob Marley's tune was personally chosen by his family to accompany a Kevin Macdonald-directed short movie about the appalling condition in Africa. The singer's widow Rita said, "Not one child should be denied food nor water. Not one child should suffer. Along with Save the Children, we must stand up together as friends to put a stop to this, to feed our children and to save their lives."
The video would be sold digitally with all proceeds going to Save the Children. The celebrities will continue raising the awareness until they have an audience of 700 million.
More Lady GaGa News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'