Lady GaGa, Eminem, Madonna and More Campaign for Africa
A-list stars like Lady GaGa, Justin Bieber, Eminem and Madonna have joined hands to support Save the Children's "I'm Gonna Be Your Friend" campaign. Using their social media power, they aim to raise funds and awareness for the drought, medicine and food crisis in East Africa.
The campaign is kicked off on Tuesday, August 9 with the celebrities taking to their Twitter or Facebook pages to raise awareness. Britney Spears was among the early ones, tweeting "Just got @BobMarley's "High Tide or Low Tide" - proceeds go to children in #EastAfrica. U all can help #beafriend -Brit".
Bob Marley's tune was personally chosen by his family to accompany a Kevin Macdonald-directed short movie about the appalling condition in Africa. The singer's widow Rita said, "Not one child should be denied food nor water. Not one child should suffer. Along with Save the Children, we must stand up together as friends to put a stop to this, to feed our children and to save their lives."
The video would be sold digitally with all proceeds going to Save the Children. The celebrities will continue raising the awareness until they have an audience of 700 million.
More Lady GaGa News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy