Evanescence Return With Brand New Single 'What You Want'
Evanescence are back from their hiatus by releasing a fresh song called "What You Want". A furious, yet radio-friendly rock song, it opens with drum-smacking sound and kicks in with Amy Lee's powerful voice which helps punctuate the vibes.
"What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming studio album "Evanescence". Amy said of the song in a recent interview with MTV, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
A music video for the single has been filmed, and it's made as a "sort of, like, the history of the band." Amy gushed, "This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us."
Talking about their hiatus, Amy confessed, "I had a little bit of an identity crisis." She added, "[The success with] 'Fallen' happened really fast, and it was just go, go, go for a couple years, and we went right into writing and wrote the next record. By the time we finished touring with 'The Open Door', I just needed to go, 'Who am I as an adult?' "
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed