Evanescence Return With Brand New Single 'What You Want'
Evanescence are back from their hiatus by releasing a fresh song called "What You Want". A furious, yet radio-friendly rock song, it opens with drum-smacking sound and kicks in with Amy Lee's powerful voice which helps punctuate the vibes.
"What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming studio album "Evanescence". Amy said of the song in a recent interview with MTV, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
A music video for the single has been filmed, and it's made as a "sort of, like, the history of the band." Amy gushed, "This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us."
Talking about their hiatus, Amy confessed, "I had a little bit of an identity crisis." She added, "[The success with] 'Fallen' happened really fast, and it was just go, go, go for a couple years, and we went right into writing and wrote the next record. By the time we finished touring with 'The Open Door', I just needed to go, 'Who am I as an adult?' "
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24