Evanescence Return With Brand New Single 'What You Want'
Evanescence are back from their hiatus by releasing a fresh song called "What You Want". A furious, yet radio-friendly rock song, it opens with drum-smacking sound and kicks in with Amy Lee's powerful voice which helps punctuate the vibes.
"What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming studio album "Evanescence". Amy said of the song in a recent interview with MTV, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
A music video for the single has been filmed, and it's made as a "sort of, like, the history of the band." Amy gushed, "This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us."
Talking about their hiatus, Amy confessed, "I had a little bit of an identity crisis." She added, "[The success with] 'Fallen' happened really fast, and it was just go, go, go for a couple years, and we went right into writing and wrote the next record. By the time we finished touring with 'The Open Door', I just needed to go, 'Who am I as an adult?' "
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli