Evanescence Return With Brand New Single 'What You Want'
Evanescence are back from their hiatus by releasing a fresh song called "What You Want". A furious, yet radio-friendly rock song, it opens with drum-smacking sound and kicks in with Amy Lee's powerful voice which helps punctuate the vibes.
"What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming studio album "Evanescence". Amy said of the song in a recent interview with MTV, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
A music video for the single has been filmed, and it's made as a "sort of, like, the history of the band." Amy gushed, "This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us."
Talking about their hiatus, Amy confessed, "I had a little bit of an identity crisis." She added, "[The success with] 'Fallen' happened really fast, and it was just go, go, go for a couple years, and we went right into writing and wrote the next record. By the time we finished touring with 'The Open Door', I just needed to go, 'Who am I as an adult?' "
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'