Evanescence Return With Brand New Single 'What You Want'
Evanescence are back from their hiatus by releasing a fresh song called "What You Want". A furious, yet radio-friendly rock song, it opens with drum-smacking sound and kicks in with Amy Lee's powerful voice which helps punctuate the vibes.
"What You Want" is recorded for the band's upcoming studio album "Evanescence". Amy said of the song in a recent interview with MTV, "It's got a cool meaning, a lot of great lyrics going on, it also just smacks you right in the face and it's heavy and it's great."
A music video for the single has been filmed, and it's made as a "sort of, like, the history of the band." Amy gushed, "This is more a personal video. We've done a lot in the past that [were] very 'fantasy,' and this is sort of the real us."
Talking about their hiatus, Amy confessed, "I had a little bit of an identity crisis." She added, "[The success with] 'Fallen' happened really fast, and it was just go, go, go for a couple years, and we went right into writing and wrote the next record. By the time we finished touring with 'The Open Door', I just needed to go, 'Who am I as an adult?' "
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney