Nicollette Sheridan on Returning to 'Desperate Housewives': Edie Britt Is Dead
Nicollette Sheridan seemingly refuses to put aside her rumored feud with Marc Cherry for the sake of the final season of "Desperate Housewives". Despite the show's creator's plan to pay homage to every character in the last episode, the actress insisted it is impossible for her character Edie Britt to be back on it.
"That's news to me," Sheridan told Kathie Lee Gifford and Billy Bush on "Today" when she was initially asked about Cherry's statement. When Bush pressed her with question about whether or not she will agree if she is asked, the blonde beauty claimed, "I had an amazing time playing that character. I loved her dearly, but they killed her! She's dead."
Bush then proposed an idea that Edie could return in a flashback or a dream, but Sheridan deadpanned, "Is this turning into a daytime soap opera?" Gifford then concluded, "In other words, she's saying no!"
Edie was killed off in season 5 amid rumors of on-set problems with Cherry. She has filed $20 million lawsuit against Cherry for wrongful termination.
"Desperate Housewives" will return for an eighth and final season on Sunday, September 25 at 9 P.M. on ABC. One character which will be introduced in the season premiere is Ben Faulkner (Charles Mesure), who is set to be Renee Perry's (Vanessa Williams) new man. A first look at the character has just been released via TV Guide.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?