Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' Predicted to Sell Half a Million Copies
On the day Kanye West and Jay-Z's joint album "Watch the Throne" was released across the United States on August 8, music experts predicted that the CD will pull in huge sale number. According to the experts, the album is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its opening week.
If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will make a grand entry to Billboard Hot 200 by soaring to the top spot of the U.S. album chart. Also, it would instantly place Kanye and Jay-Z behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster holds the record with "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million.
Originally intended as a five-track EP, "Watch the Throne" is extended into a full-length effort which features Beyonce Knowles, Frank Ocean and Mr. Hudson. Unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which leaked to the web before their release, this record was kept safe until its official launching.
More Kanye West News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage