Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' Predicted to Sell Half a Million Copies
On the day Kanye West and Jay-Z's joint album "Watch the Throne" was released across the United States on August 8, music experts predicted that the CD will pull in huge sale number. According to the experts, the album is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its opening week.
If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will make a grand entry to Billboard Hot 200 by soaring to the top spot of the U.S. album chart. Also, it would instantly place Kanye and Jay-Z behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster holds the record with "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million.
Originally intended as a five-track EP, "Watch the Throne" is extended into a full-length effort which features Beyonce Knowles, Frank Ocean and Mr. Hudson. Unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which leaked to the web before their release, this record was kept safe until its official launching.
More Kanye West News
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR