Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' Predicted to Sell Half a Million Copies
On the day Kanye West and Jay-Z's joint album "Watch the Throne" was released across the United States on August 8, music experts predicted that the CD will pull in huge sale number. According to the experts, the album is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its opening week.
If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will make a grand entry to Billboard Hot 200 by soaring to the top spot of the U.S. album chart. Also, it would instantly place Kanye and Jay-Z behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster holds the record with "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million.
Originally intended as a five-track EP, "Watch the Throne" is extended into a full-length effort which features Beyonce Knowles, Frank Ocean and Mr. Hudson. Unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which leaked to the web before their release, this record was kept safe until its official launching.
More Kanye West News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'