Kanye West and Jay-Z's 'Watch the Throne' Predicted to Sell Half a Million Copies
On the day Kanye West and Jay-Z's joint album "Watch the Throne" was released across the United States on August 8, music experts predicted that the CD will pull in huge sale number. According to the experts, the album is on track to sell at least 400,000 to 500,000 copies in its opening week.
If the sale number of the album meets the expectation, it will make a grand entry to Billboard Hot 200 by soaring to the top spot of the U.S. album chart. Also, it would instantly place Kanye and Jay-Z behind Lady GaGa as an act with the second-largest sales week of the year. The Mother Monster holds the record with "Born This Way" which bowed 1.1 million.
Originally intended as a five-track EP, "Watch the Throne" is extended into a full-length effort which features Beyonce Knowles, Frank Ocean and Mr. Hudson. Unlike so many other eagerly-awaited albums which leaked to the web before their release, this record was kept safe until its official launching.
More Kanye West News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'