'Hunger Games' Reveals Two New Stills and Release Date for Its Sequel
Two fresh images from "The Hunger Games" have just been unveiled by Lionsgate. One features Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Everdeen crouching on the ground with a quiver full of arrows on her back. She wears all-black ensemble, sports a side braided hair and has some minor cuts and bruises on her neck.
Another image sees one of Katniss' suitors, Peeta, who looks a bit worse than her. In the picture, the character played by Josh Hutcherson is seen lying on the ground with his face covered with more prominent bruises than those of Katniss. Those two images see them in the arena of Hunger Games fighting for survival.
Along with the arrival of the new stills, Lionsgate announced release date for the sequel of the much-awaited film. Tentatively titled "Catching Fire", it's set for 2013 Thanksgiving weekend spot in the United States. The exact release date for the second installment of the "Hunger Games" movie series is November 22.
An adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy novel of the same title, "The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Katniss steps up to take over her place. It's scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 23, 2012.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones