2011 Teen Choice Awards: Taylor Swift Leads Music Winner With Five Surfboards
Taylor Swift won big at 2011 Teen Choice Awards by collecting a total of five coveted trophies in music. The country music cutie was handed the prizes at the live telecast taking place at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California on Sunday, August 7.
"I'm so happy," she gushed during one of her acceptance speeches. "This is the first time that I've ever been to the Teen Choice Awards and this is amazing. I want to thank the fans. You've guys have made my life so beautiful and it's all because of you."
The "Speak Now" hitmaker was named Choice Music: Female Artist and Choice Music: Female Country Artist. Her songs "Mean" and "Back to December" additionally won Choice Music: Country Single and Choice Break-Up Song respectively. She got her fifth gong in music through special prize Ultimate Choice Award.
She received the highest TCAs honor for her extraordinary contributions to the entertainment industry. She follows the footsteps of Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Venus Williams and Serena Williams who got the award in the past years.
In Addition to those five awards, Swift also managed to take home one more award by grabbing Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon. The 21-year-old artist, who attended the show in a white halterneck dress, beat the likes of Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, Lady GaGa and Jennifer Lopez.
The other stars who scored multiple kudos in music that Sunday night were Selena Gomez and Paramore. The "Monte Carlo" actress brought home three prizes. Along with her band The Scene, she got Choice Music: Group, Choice Music: Single and Choice Music: Love Song. "This is for all of you guys," she said. "This isn't mine."
The Hayley Williams-fronted band, meanwhile, bagged two coveted TCAs surfboards. They won Choice Music: Rock Artist over 30 Seconds to Mars, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park and OneRepublic. Also, their single "Monster" which serves as a soundtrack for "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" was named Choice Music: Rock Track.
Gomez's boyfriend Justin Bieber won Choice Music: Male Artist, beating Jason Derulo, Cee-Lo Green, Enrique Iglesias and Bruno Mars. "Three years ago, I was chilling on a couch in Canada watching the Teen Choice Awards, and now I'm here," he said before adding, "Anything is possible if you set your mind to it."
Teen Choice Awards was opened by the Kardashian sisters and hosted by Kaley Cuoco this year. Musical guests included Jason Derulo, OneRepublic and Gomez. The other music winners were Eminem, Beyonce Knowles, Katy Perry, Demi Lovato and Bruno Mars.
- Choice Music: Male Artist: Justin Bieber
- Choice Music: Female Artist: Taylor Swift
- Choice Music: Group: Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Choice Music: R&B/Hip-Hop Artist: Eminem
- Choice Music: Rock Artist: Paramore
- Choice Music: Rock Track: "Monster" - Paramore
- Choice Music: R&B/Hip-Hop Track: "Run the World (Girls)" - Beyonce Knowles
- Choice Music: Single: "Who Says" - Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Choice Music: Male Country Artist: Keith Urban
- Choice Music: Female Country Artist: Taylor Swift
- Choice Music: Country Single: "Mean" - Taylor Swift
- Choice Music: Country Group: Lady Antebellum
- Choice Music: Love Song: "Love You Like a Love Song" - Selena Gomez & The Scene
- Choice Break-Up Song: "Back to December" - Taylor Swift
- Choice Summer Song: "Skyscraper" - Demi Lovato
- Choice Summer Music Star: Female: Katy Perry
- Choice Summer Music Star: Male: Bruno Mars
- Choice Music: Breakout Artist: Bruno Mars
- Ultimate Choice Award: Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?