OutKast's Big Boi Arrested for Ecstasy and Viagra Possession
Big Boi is staring down several drug charges following his Sunday (August 7) arrest in Miami. According to the Miami-Dade County Corrections and Rehabilitation Department, the one-half of Hip-Hop duo OutKast has been charged with one count of drug possession and three counts of possession of a controlled substance.
The 36-year-old rapper was busted by customs and border patrol dogs with MDMA powder, ecstasy pills and Viagra when exiting a cruise ship. It is said that he didn't have a prescription for the Viagra. TMZ reported that he was booked at 1:35 P.M. ET, and was held on $16,000 bond. He has since been released from jail.
Big Boi's attorney Daniel Kane has issued a statement regarding the MC's arrest. "While Big Boi was traveling with his group and friends, a small amount of contraband was found in the collective luggage," he said through CNN. "I am confident when the entire facts are aired Big Boi will be completely exonerated."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones