Rebecca Black Appeared at Katy Perry's L.A. Concert
Just like in Katy Perry's music video for "Last Friday Night", Rebecca Black appeared at Perry's concert unannounced. Perry was entertaining a sold-out show at L.A's Nokia Theater on Friday, August 5 when Black suddenly emerged from the backstage to help Perry finish the cover of her "Friday" song.
The venue was filled to the brim, mostly with women. Perry belted out a mixture of her hits such as "I Kissed a Girl" and "Teenage Dream" at the beginning of her set and began covering other artists' songs toward the middle. She sang Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)", Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair" and did a snippet of Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin".
While the acoustic set was still on stage, Perry led the crowd to sing Black's "Friday" and surprised them with the original singer. Black, who made a cameo in the music video of Perry's aptly titled song "Last Friday Night", sat on a stool and finished the song as a duet.
Perry closed her performance with another cover, this time Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", and "Firework".
More Rebecca Black News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune