Lauryn Hill Accused of Verbally Abusing Band Members
Lauryn Hill is named in a lawsuit filed by an ex-band member. Professional guitar player Jay Gore said in the documents that the singer would constantly abuse members of her band verbally behind the scenes of her 2007 European tour. He also accused Hill of stiffing him out of thousands of dollars after playing the tour.
In his words, Gore said Hill "exhibited the type of behavior for which she had gained public notoriety which contributed to a hostile work environment." He added, "After shows, Hill would demand that the musicians and road support personnel attend meetings where she would engage in a person-by-person critique and berating."
"At one point, Hill made a statement in front of the tour personnel to the effect that 'I can't believe I am paying you fools, you should be paying me'."
His lawyer Nicholas Andrea told TMZ that Gore is sure that other musicians have been mistreated by Hill too but were reluctant to stand up for themselves. Therefore, this lawsuit would be a wake-up call for them. Gore is asking more than $20,000 in compensation.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars