Lauryn Hill Accused of Verbally Abusing Band Members
Lauryn Hill is named in a lawsuit filed by an ex-band member. Professional guitar player Jay Gore said in the documents that the singer would constantly abuse members of her band verbally behind the scenes of her 2007 European tour. He also accused Hill of stiffing him out of thousands of dollars after playing the tour.
In his words, Gore said Hill "exhibited the type of behavior for which she had gained public notoriety which contributed to a hostile work environment." He added, "After shows, Hill would demand that the musicians and road support personnel attend meetings where she would engage in a person-by-person critique and berating."
"At one point, Hill made a statement in front of the tour personnel to the effect that 'I can't believe I am paying you fools, you should be paying me'."
His lawyer Nicholas Andrea told TMZ that Gore is sure that other musicians have been mistreated by Hill too but were reluctant to stand up for themselves. Therefore, this lawsuit would be a wake-up call for them. Gore is asking more than $20,000 in compensation.
More Lauryn Hill News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama