Lauryn Hill Accused of Verbally Abusing Band Members
Lauryn Hill is named in a lawsuit filed by an ex-band member. Professional guitar player Jay Gore said in the documents that the singer would constantly abuse members of her band verbally behind the scenes of her 2007 European tour. He also accused Hill of stiffing him out of thousands of dollars after playing the tour.
In his words, Gore said Hill "exhibited the type of behavior for which she had gained public notoriety which contributed to a hostile work environment." He added, "After shows, Hill would demand that the musicians and road support personnel attend meetings where she would engage in a person-by-person critique and berating."
"At one point, Hill made a statement in front of the tour personnel to the effect that 'I can't believe I am paying you fools, you should be paying me'."
His lawyer Nicholas Andrea told TMZ that Gore is sure that other musicians have been mistreated by Hill too but were reluctant to stand up for themselves. Therefore, this lawsuit would be a wake-up call for them. Gore is asking more than $20,000 in compensation.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'