Lauryn Hill Accused of Verbally Abusing Band Members
Lauryn Hill is named in a lawsuit filed by an ex-band member. Professional guitar player Jay Gore said in the documents that the singer would constantly abuse members of her band verbally behind the scenes of her 2007 European tour. He also accused Hill of stiffing him out of thousands of dollars after playing the tour.
In his words, Gore said Hill "exhibited the type of behavior for which she had gained public notoriety which contributed to a hostile work environment." He added, "After shows, Hill would demand that the musicians and road support personnel attend meetings where she would engage in a person-by-person critique and berating."
"At one point, Hill made a statement in front of the tour personnel to the effect that 'I can't believe I am paying you fools, you should be paying me'."
His lawyer Nicholas Andrea told TMZ that Gore is sure that other musicians have been mistreated by Hill too but were reluctant to stand up for themselves. Therefore, this lawsuit would be a wake-up call for them. Gore is asking more than $20,000 in compensation.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series