NY Woman Threatened to Kill Marion Cotillard
Marion Cotillard is the latest celebrity who has to deal with a dangerously-obsessed fan. A New York woman named Teresa Yuan, who is believed in her 30s, has posted on a fan website a video which indicates that she wants to kill the actress.
"The guilt and sorrow I feel now, I won't feel after it happens. After it happens, I'll feel no regrets whatsoever... that's apparently how it feels to be a killer, to be a murderer," Yuan said in the video sent on July 23. The stalker also said in a series of emails that she knew Cotillard's whereabouts and would meet her.
The site's administrator first alerted the FBI in April of alarming emails and videos sent by Yuan. Agent Bradford Price wrote in a complaint filed in Brooklyn Federal Court that Yuan growled and hissed to her iPhone camera after saying in another video, "I can be very calm and respectful and kind, but then you push me too far or back me in a corner and this is how I feel."
The French actress and her family grew "concerned for their physical safety". Yuan was detained this week and charged with "interstated stalking", but she was released on Friday, August 5 on $50,000 bail. Her lawyer Michael Schneider, declined to comment on the case, NY Daily News reported.
More Marion Cotillard News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story