Jennifer Lopez-Starring 'Parker' Gets Official Release Date
Jennifer Lopez-starring thriller, "Parker", finally gets a release date. FilmDistrict has locked October 12, 2012 for the day the film will hit U.S. theaters. While it is still a year away from its release, production already began last Thursday, August 4 in New Orleans with director Taylor Hackford serving behind the lens.
The movie itself is based on Donald Westlake's novel "Flashfire". It revolves around a thief by the name of Parker who, though at times is forced to be a killer, still lives by a code of honor that includes never stealing money from people who need it. His word is his bond, and if he is crossed he will strike back relentlessly.
Hackford recently explained that in the movie, the newly split Lopez will play "a real estate agent who finds that a little larceny may in fact be in the cards for her." Playing opposite Lopez is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's boyfriend, Jason Statham, who will star as the titular character.
The most recent addition to the cast is Nick Nolte. He will play a mentor for Statham's character. Meanwhile, Michael Chiklis, Wendell Pierce, Clifton Collins Jr., Patti LuPone and Emma Booth help also to make up the cast ensemble.
More Parker News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer