Jennifer Lopez-Starring 'Parker' Gets Official Release Date
Jennifer Lopez-starring thriller, "Parker", finally gets a release date. FilmDistrict has locked October 12, 2012 for the day the film will hit U.S. theaters. While it is still a year away from its release, production already began last Thursday, August 4 in New Orleans with director Taylor Hackford serving behind the lens.
The movie itself is based on Donald Westlake's novel "Flashfire". It revolves around a thief by the name of Parker who, though at times is forced to be a killer, still lives by a code of honor that includes never stealing money from people who need it. His word is his bond, and if he is crossed he will strike back relentlessly.
Hackford recently explained that in the movie, the newly split Lopez will play "a real estate agent who finds that a little larceny may in fact be in the cards for her." Playing opposite Lopez is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's boyfriend, Jason Statham, who will star as the titular character.
The most recent addition to the cast is Nick Nolte. He will play a mentor for Statham's character. Meanwhile, Michael Chiklis, Wendell Pierce, Clifton Collins Jr., Patti LuPone and Emma Booth help also to make up the cast ensemble.
More Parker News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director