Jennifer Lopez-Starring 'Parker' Gets Official Release Date
Jennifer Lopez-starring thriller, "Parker", finally gets a release date. FilmDistrict has locked October 12, 2012 for the day the film will hit U.S. theaters. While it is still a year away from its release, production already began last Thursday, August 4 in New Orleans with director Taylor Hackford serving behind the lens.
The movie itself is based on Donald Westlake's novel "Flashfire". It revolves around a thief by the name of Parker who, though at times is forced to be a killer, still lives by a code of honor that includes never stealing money from people who need it. His word is his bond, and if he is crossed he will strike back relentlessly.
Hackford recently explained that in the movie, the newly split Lopez will play "a real estate agent who finds that a little larceny may in fact be in the cards for her." Playing opposite Lopez is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's boyfriend, Jason Statham, who will star as the titular character.
The most recent addition to the cast is Nick Nolte. He will play a mentor for Statham's character. Meanwhile, Michael Chiklis, Wendell Pierce, Clifton Collins Jr., Patti LuPone and Emma Booth help also to make up the cast ensemble.
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans