'Dark Knight Rises' Books Pittsburgh Steelers for Weekend Filming
"The Dark Knight Rises" is going to film a scene with members of the Pittsburgh Steelers professional football team. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has revealed that he and about a dozen of his teammates are billed to join the shooting on Saturday morning, August 6 at Heinz Field.
Sharing what he knows about the scene, Roethlisberger said, "From what I've heard, it's going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing. I don't know the whole concept. There's a Gotham team, a football game. We'll be wearing uniforms." Among his teammates who will take part in the filming are Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton.
"I'm kind of getting everybody together," Roethlisberger added when admitting that he is excited to be part of the film. "I heard it's going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don't think it will be a big part, it's not like we're chasing Batman down or anyting. It's something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. Thomas [Tull, executive producer] does movies big and I'm sure it will be a big-time movie and something fun to be part of."
According to Post-Gazette, Tull, who joined the Steelers' ownership two years ago, helped influence the shooting of "The Dark Knight" sequel in Pittsburgh and he's been trying to get the Steelers involved.
While Roethlisberger is not sure what he would do for the filming, Cinema Blend recently learned that the movie will be filming a major action sequence that is set during the middle of a Gotham City Rogues football game this weekend. Thousands of extras have also been recruited to pose as fans.
"Dark Knight Rises" will see Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman with Christopher Nolan returning as the director. Anne Hathaway is cast as Catwoman, whose first look was recently obtained in the form of on-set picture. The action superhero movie is set for July 20, 2012 release in the U.S.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video