Shoving Police Officer, NHL Star Sean Avery Arrested for Battery
Sean Avery has picked the wrong crowd to mess with. The NHL star ended up being arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning, August 5, after he allegedly shoved a police officer who responded a neighbor's complaint about loud music at his Hollywood home.
TMZ reported that the shoving happened after the 31-year-old threw verbal challenges at the cops. Words are, he called them, "Fat little pigs," and even challenged them to fight him by saying, "Come back without your badges." He then pushed one officer and slammed shut the front door.
After the officers warned him they would break the door if he refused to open it, the ex-boyfriend of Elisha Cuthbert decided to cooperate. He was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, and was released within hours after posting $20,000 bail. A court appearance was set for September 2.
New York Rangers, where Sean plays as forward, refused to comment on the arrest. Kaley Hoffman, a spokeswoman for the company, said in a statement, "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'