Shoving Police Officer, NHL Star Sean Avery Arrested for Battery
Sean Avery has picked the wrong crowd to mess with. The NHL star ended up being arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning, August 5, after he allegedly shoved a police officer who responded a neighbor's complaint about loud music at his Hollywood home.
TMZ reported that the shoving happened after the 31-year-old threw verbal challenges at the cops. Words are, he called them, "Fat little pigs," and even challenged them to fight him by saying, "Come back without your badges." He then pushed one officer and slammed shut the front door.
After the officers warned him they would break the door if he refused to open it, the ex-boyfriend of Elisha Cuthbert decided to cooperate. He was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, and was released within hours after posting $20,000 bail. A court appearance was set for September 2.
New York Rangers, where Sean plays as forward, refused to comment on the arrest. Kaley Hoffman, a spokeswoman for the company, said in a statement, "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups