Shoving Police Officer, NHL Star Sean Avery Arrested for Battery
Sean Avery has picked the wrong crowd to mess with. The NHL star ended up being arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning, August 5, after he allegedly shoved a police officer who responded a neighbor's complaint about loud music at his Hollywood home.
TMZ reported that the shoving happened after the 31-year-old threw verbal challenges at the cops. Words are, he called them, "Fat little pigs," and even challenged them to fight him by saying, "Come back without your badges." He then pushed one officer and slammed shut the front door.
After the officers warned him they would break the door if he refused to open it, the ex-boyfriend of Elisha Cuthbert decided to cooperate. He was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, and was released within hours after posting $20,000 bail. A court appearance was set for September 2.
New York Rangers, where Sean plays as forward, refused to comment on the arrest. Kaley Hoffman, a spokeswoman for the company, said in a statement, "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip