Shoving Police Officer, NHL Star Sean Avery Arrested for Battery
Sean Avery has picked the wrong crowd to mess with. The NHL star ended up being arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning, August 5, after he allegedly shoved a police officer who responded a neighbor's complaint about loud music at his Hollywood home.
TMZ reported that the shoving happened after the 31-year-old threw verbal challenges at the cops. Words are, he called them, "Fat little pigs," and even challenged them to fight him by saying, "Come back without your badges." He then pushed one officer and slammed shut the front door.
After the officers warned him they would break the door if he refused to open it, the ex-boyfriend of Elisha Cuthbert decided to cooperate. He was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, and was released within hours after posting $20,000 bail. A court appearance was set for September 2.
New York Rangers, where Sean plays as forward, refused to comment on the arrest. Kaley Hoffman, a spokeswoman for the company, said in a statement, "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media