Shoving Police Officer, NHL Star Sean Avery Arrested for Battery
Sean Avery has picked the wrong crowd to mess with. The NHL star ended up being arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning, August 5, after he allegedly shoved a police officer who responded a neighbor's complaint about loud music at his Hollywood home.
TMZ reported that the shoving happened after the 31-year-old threw verbal challenges at the cops. Words are, he called them, "Fat little pigs," and even challenged them to fight him by saying, "Come back without your badges." He then pushed one officer and slammed shut the front door.
After the officers warned him they would break the door if he refused to open it, the ex-boyfriend of Elisha Cuthbert decided to cooperate. He was booked on suspicion of battery on a police officer, and was released within hours after posting $20,000 bail. A court appearance was set for September 2.
New York Rangers, where Sean plays as forward, refused to comment on the arrest. Kaley Hoffman, a spokeswoman for the company, said in a statement, "We will discuss the matter with Sean and have no further comment at this time."
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet