'Jersey Shore' Season 4 Scores Most-Watched Premiere for MTV
"Jersey Shore" continues winning people's attention with the stars' unique personas. The show has scored the most-watched season premiere of all time for MTV with 8.8 million viewers tuning in the fourth season opener.
While the Thursday (August 4) episode also serves as the largest premiere for the reality series, it is still slightly behind a January 20, 2011 outing which drew 8.9 million viewers. The episode from season 3 accordingly still holds the title of the series' all-time best.
"Jersey Shore" also topped other programs on last Thursday broadcast, including CBS' reality show "Big Brother" which garnered 7.3 million viewers.
In this latest chapter, Snooki, The Situation and the rest of the gang take a trip to Italy. Teasing what could be expected in this season, executive producer SallyAnn Salsano recently said, "One week it was fist-pumping, one week tanning - all kinds of craziness."
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress