'Jersey Shore' Season 4 Scores Most-Watched Premiere for MTV
"Jersey Shore" continues winning people's attention with the stars' unique personas. The show has scored the most-watched season premiere of all time for MTV with 8.8 million viewers tuning in the fourth season opener.
While the Thursday (August 4) episode also serves as the largest premiere for the reality series, it is still slightly behind a January 20, 2011 outing which drew 8.9 million viewers. The episode from season 3 accordingly still holds the title of the series' all-time best.
"Jersey Shore" also topped other programs on last Thursday broadcast, including CBS' reality show "Big Brother" which garnered 7.3 million viewers.
In this latest chapter, Snooki, The Situation and the rest of the gang take a trip to Italy. Teasing what could be expected in this season, executive producer SallyAnn Salsano recently said, "One week it was fist-pumping, one week tanning - all kinds of craziness."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show