'Desperate Housewives' Ladies Shocked When Learning Show'll End in 2012
"Desperate Housewives" season 8 may be the last for the show. ABC has reportedly decided to end the long-running series in May 2012 and will announce this at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Sunday, August 7.
According to Deadline, key cast members, including Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, have been informed about this. They are reportedly "shocked and saddened" by this decision because the show was epected to extend through a ninth season.
Though its rating has gradually declined in the last few years, "Desperate Housewives" is still a stable player on ABC. It averaged 11.9 million viewers last season with a 3.9 rating among 18-49 demographic.
The comedy series will return with its eighth season on September 25. Creator Marc Cherry has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner at the end of last season, but is expected to be a consultant on Season 8.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs