'Desperate Housewives' Ladies Shocked When Learning Show'll End in 2012
"Desperate Housewives" season 8 may be the last for the show. ABC has reportedly decided to end the long-running series in May 2012 and will announce this at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Sunday, August 7.
According to Deadline, key cast members, including Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, have been informed about this. They are reportedly "shocked and saddened" by this decision because the show was epected to extend through a ninth season.
Though its rating has gradually declined in the last few years, "Desperate Housewives" is still a stable player on ABC. It averaged 11.9 million viewers last season with a 3.9 rating among 18-49 demographic.
The comedy series will return with its eighth season on September 25. Creator Marc Cherry has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner at the end of last season, but is expected to be a consultant on Season 8.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern