'Desperate Housewives' Ladies Shocked When Learning Show'll End in 2012
"Desperate Housewives" season 8 may be the last for the show. ABC has reportedly decided to end the long-running series in May 2012 and will announce this at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Sunday, August 7.
According to Deadline, key cast members, including Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, have been informed about this. They are reportedly "shocked and saddened" by this decision because the show was epected to extend through a ninth season.
Though its rating has gradually declined in the last few years, "Desperate Housewives" is still a stable player on ABC. It averaged 11.9 million viewers last season with a 3.9 rating among 18-49 demographic.
The comedy series will return with its eighth season on September 25. Creator Marc Cherry has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner at the end of last season, but is expected to be a consultant on Season 8.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group