'Desperate Housewives' Ladies Shocked When Learning Show'll End in 2012
"Desperate Housewives" season 8 may be the last for the show. ABC has reportedly decided to end the long-running series in May 2012 and will announce this at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Sunday, August 7.
According to Deadline, key cast members, including Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, have been informed about this. They are reportedly "shocked and saddened" by this decision because the show was epected to extend through a ninth season.
Though its rating has gradually declined in the last few years, "Desperate Housewives" is still a stable player on ABC. It averaged 11.9 million viewers last season with a 3.9 rating among 18-49 demographic.
The comedy series will return with its eighth season on September 25. Creator Marc Cherry has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner at the end of last season, but is expected to be a consultant on Season 8.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen