'Desperate Housewives' Ladies Shocked When Learning Show'll End in 2012
"Desperate Housewives" season 8 may be the last for the show. ABC has reportedly decided to end the long-running series in May 2012 and will announce this at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Sunday, August 7.
According to Deadline, key cast members, including Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, have been informed about this. They are reportedly "shocked and saddened" by this decision because the show was epected to extend through a ninth season.
Though its rating has gradually declined in the last few years, "Desperate Housewives" is still a stable player on ABC. It averaged 11.9 million viewers last season with a 3.9 rating among 18-49 demographic.
The comedy series will return with its eighth season on September 25. Creator Marc Cherry has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner at the end of last season, but is expected to be a consultant on Season 8.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'