10-Year-Old French Model Caused a Stir After Mature Vogue Shoots
A 10-year-old French model by the name of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau has caused an international debate after she appears on the fashion pages of French Vogue. The daughter of French footballer Patrick Blondeau is featured in full make-up, high fashion clothes and seductive poses.
A spokesperson for the Mothers' Union told MailOnline, "We have grave concerns about the modelling agency who represent Blondeau, which clearly does not know if it represents a child or an adult. Photo shoots requiring her, a 10-year-old-girl, to dress in full make-up, teetering heels and a dress with a cleavage cut to the waist across her pre-pubescent body deny Blondeau the right to be the child she is."
"These images would, we hope, post Bailey Review, not pass through the standards of magazines, on street advertising and other media within the UK." Most parents who took part in a survey agreed with the union that children are under pressure to grow up too quickly and some of them blame it on celebrity culture.
Thylane has been compared to Bridgitte Bardot who started her modeling career at a very young age as well. Tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, she has appeared in numerous campaigns and ended up on the cover of Vogue Enfants.
The case became large because U.K. Government had just enforced a restriction on sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising. The States was also recently shocked by the marriage of 16-year-old singer Courtney Stodden to 51-year-old actor Doug Hutchison.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce