10-Year-Old French Model Caused a Stir After Mature Vogue Shoots
A 10-year-old French model by the name of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau has caused an international debate after she appears on the fashion pages of French Vogue. The daughter of French footballer Patrick Blondeau is featured in full make-up, high fashion clothes and seductive poses.
A spokesperson for the Mothers' Union told MailOnline, "We have grave concerns about the modelling agency who represent Blondeau, which clearly does not know if it represents a child or an adult. Photo shoots requiring her, a 10-year-old-girl, to dress in full make-up, teetering heels and a dress with a cleavage cut to the waist across her pre-pubescent body deny Blondeau the right to be the child she is."
"These images would, we hope, post Bailey Review, not pass through the standards of magazines, on street advertising and other media within the UK." Most parents who took part in a survey agreed with the union that children are under pressure to grow up too quickly and some of them blame it on celebrity culture.
Thylane has been compared to Bridgitte Bardot who started her modeling career at a very young age as well. Tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, she has appeared in numerous campaigns and ended up on the cover of Vogue Enfants.
The case became large because U.K. Government had just enforced a restriction on sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising. The States was also recently shocked by the marriage of 16-year-old singer Courtney Stodden to 51-year-old actor Doug Hutchison.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia