10-Year-Old French Model Caused a Stir After Mature Vogue Shoots
A 10-year-old French model by the name of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau has caused an international debate after she appears on the fashion pages of French Vogue. The daughter of French footballer Patrick Blondeau is featured in full make-up, high fashion clothes and seductive poses.
A spokesperson for the Mothers' Union told MailOnline, "We have grave concerns about the modelling agency who represent Blondeau, which clearly does not know if it represents a child or an adult. Photo shoots requiring her, a 10-year-old-girl, to dress in full make-up, teetering heels and a dress with a cleavage cut to the waist across her pre-pubescent body deny Blondeau the right to be the child she is."
"These images would, we hope, post Bailey Review, not pass through the standards of magazines, on street advertising and other media within the UK." Most parents who took part in a survey agreed with the union that children are under pressure to grow up too quickly and some of them blame it on celebrity culture.
Thylane has been compared to Bridgitte Bardot who started her modeling career at a very young age as well. Tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, she has appeared in numerous campaigns and ended up on the cover of Vogue Enfants.
The case became large because U.K. Government had just enforced a restriction on sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising. The States was also recently shocked by the marriage of 16-year-old singer Courtney Stodden to 51-year-old actor Doug Hutchison.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie