Kevin Williamson Rules Out 'Secret Circle' and 'Vampire Diaries' Crossover
There won't be a story crossover between "The Secret Circle" and "The Vampire Diaries". While the two series may easily draw a line for being based on books written by the same author, L.J. Smith, Kevin Williamson who serves as executive producer for both shows has advised viewers not to expect that.
"I don't think you'll see that crossover," he said at the TCA on Thursday, August 4, claiming that the witch mythology on "Circle" and the vampire-werewolf-occasional witch mythology on "TVD" don't mix. "That would kind of limit us. We want to create our own story."
Williamson even doesn't want to make "Circle", which will premiere on The CW this fall, look like "TVD". Thus, he chose to shoot the new show in and around Vancouver, B.C. instead of in Atlanta where "TVD" is set, although it would be easier for him to run two projects in the same location.
Following a teen girl who discovers that she comes from a family of witches, "Circle" is said to be a multigenerational show. "What I love (about 'The Secret Circle') is that it is multigenerational, it's not just a teen show. It's a very adult show, and it's going to get very adult, very fast. We're going more in that direction," he gushed.
"Circle" will premiere on Thursday, September 15 at 9 P.M. and is paired with "TVD" which airs an hour earlier.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'