Lil Wayne Sued for $15 Million for Allegedly Stealing 'BedRock'
Lil Wayne is facing copyright infringement lawsuit yet again. The "6 Foot 7 Foot" MC is accused by Georgia-based production company Done Deal Enterprises of stealing their copyrighted song "BedRock" and incorporated it into the track of the same name.
In the legal paper filed in the United States District Court, Southern district of New York, the company are seeking $15 million in compensation. In response to the filing, judge has ordered Weezy to appear in court on October 12.
"BedRock" is a hip-hop single featuring the likes of Drake, Nicki Minaj, Gudda Gudda, Tyga, Jae Millz and Lloyd. Taken from Young Money's compilation CD "We Are Young Money", it peaked at No. on Billboard Hot 200 and climbed to No. 1 on Rap Songs chart.
This is not the first time Weezy is slapped with such lawsuit. In May 2010, the rap mogul was sued by a rapper named Dirahn Gilliams for allegedly sampling his song for Grammy-winning single "Lollipop" without his consent. The suit came just a month after "Lollipop" producer Jim Jonsin took legal action against Weezy, claiming he has yet to receive any royalty payments for his work.
Additionally, another "Lollipop" producer Darius "Deezle" Harrison filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit over royalties from Weezy's "Mrs. Officer". Adding piles to the legal woes, Weezy was recently sued by production duo Play-N-Skillz and producer David Kirkwood over unpaid royalties to his song "Got Money" and album "Tha Carter III" respectively.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked