Rowan Atkinson Escapes Fiery Car Crash With Shoulder Injury
Rowan Atkinson can call himself lucky. The British actor, who is best known for sitcom "Mr. Bean", got involved in a single vehicle collision when he crashed his McLaren F1 super car in Haddon, Cambridgeshire on Thursday night, August 4, but walked away with only a minor shoulder injury.
Daily Mail reported that the GBP650,000 car the 56-year-old was driving spun several times, smashed into a tree and hit a road sign before catching fire. Luckily, the comedian was not trapped in the wreck and managed to pull himself free. He waited for the emergency services with a passing motorist before being taken to a nearby hospital.
Confirming the crash, a spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire police said, "We can confirm that there was a single vehicle road traffic collision at around 7:30 P.M. on the A605." Meanwhile, a spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service added that a man with "a minor shoulder injury" was taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
It is not the first time Rowan has got in an accident with his supercar. In 1999, the "Blackadder" star damaged the red vehicle in a collision with a Rover Metro in Lancashire. He has also damaged his other car in another crash. In 2001, his Aston Martin V8 Zagato collided with a barrier at a car enthusiasts meeting in Yorkshire.
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer