Rowan Atkinson Escapes Fiery Car Crash With Shoulder Injury
Rowan Atkinson can call himself lucky. The British actor, who is best known for sitcom "Mr. Bean", got involved in a single vehicle collision when he crashed his McLaren F1 super car in Haddon, Cambridgeshire on Thursday night, August 4, but walked away with only a minor shoulder injury.
Daily Mail reported that the GBP650,000 car the 56-year-old was driving spun several times, smashed into a tree and hit a road sign before catching fire. Luckily, the comedian was not trapped in the wreck and managed to pull himself free. He waited for the emergency services with a passing motorist before being taken to a nearby hospital.
Confirming the crash, a spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire police said, "We can confirm that there was a single vehicle road traffic collision at around 7:30 P.M. on the A605." Meanwhile, a spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service added that a man with "a minor shoulder injury" was taken to Peterborough City Hospital.
It is not the first time Rowan has got in an accident with his supercar. In 1999, the "Blackadder" star damaged the red vehicle in a collision with a Rover Metro in Lancashire. He has also damaged his other car in another crash. In 2001, his Aston Martin V8 Zagato collided with a barrier at a car enthusiasts meeting in Yorkshire.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'