Official: Joe Jonas to Open for Britney Spears' European Tour
Joe Jonas has his dream come true. After confirming that he will support his idol Britney Spears at her New Jersey concert, he has now been tapped to open for the pop singer when she travels across Europe for her "Femme Fatale" show.
An excited Joe told People, "She was the first girl I ever had a poster on my wall of, and her album was the first CD I ever bought." The "See No More" singer added, "It's so funny to think I had that on my wall and here I am about to perform with her."
Joe first met Britney a few years ago at MTV Video Music Awards. "She's a very sweet lady," he said of the Southern Belle. Last March, they were actually reported to tour together, but the rumor died down when Nicki Minaj was confirmed as "Femme Fatale" guest.
The Jonas Brothers lead singer now can't wait to hit the road with the "I Wanna Go" singer. He is scheduled to support her in 10 shows across the pond with performances in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, France, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
"I'm really looking forward to being part of this," he gushed. "I'll be playing more music than I have the past few times I've performed live so far. It's going to be really fun to perform some of my music from the album [Fastlife]."
This indeed will be a cross promotion for Joe's debut album which was recently pushed back from September 6 to October 11. The European leg of the tour will kick off September 22, continue throughout October and wrap up in early November.
More Joe Jonas News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance