Taylor Lautner Finds It Surreal Being Saluted by Mark Wahlberg
Taylor Lautner can't hide his surprise after receiving a praise from fellow actor Mark Wahlberg at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual luncheon. Sharing how he felt hearing that, the "Twilight Saga" hunk told Marc Malkin of E!, "I don't even know the word to describe being here."
"It's so odd. It's such an honor," the 19-year-old actor elaborated his response. He further explained, "I'm up on the stage and talking in front of people like that? The people that I looked up to my entire life? Hearing words like that from Mark and everybody it's just really surreal."
Mark saluted Taylor in a witty retort to Leonardo DiCaprio's ribbing on Thursday afternoon, August 4. "I am sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me. So, we're both out of a job, dude," he said to his co-star in "The Departed", pointing to the "Abduction" star.
"We're screwed," the star of "The Fighter" continued on as those who gathered at the Beverly Hills Hotel for the Golden Globes lunch burst into laughter. "It's over, dude. 'Titanic' and 'Boogie Nights' were a long time ago. I accept it. I had a good run and on to the next."
Taylor, Mark and Leo were among a number of Hollywood stars who helped present and accept the $1.5 million, which were given to 46 nonprofit and educational organizations in grants. Those present included Gerard Butler, Lea Michele, Elizabeth Olsen, Elisabeth Moss and Kevin Bacon.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos