Taylor Lautner Finds It Surreal Being Saluted by Mark Wahlberg
Taylor Lautner can't hide his surprise after receiving a praise from fellow actor Mark Wahlberg at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual luncheon. Sharing how he felt hearing that, the "Twilight Saga" hunk told Marc Malkin of E!, "I don't even know the word to describe being here."
"It's so odd. It's such an honor," the 19-year-old actor elaborated his response. He further explained, "I'm up on the stage and talking in front of people like that? The people that I looked up to my entire life? Hearing words like that from Mark and everybody it's just really surreal."
Mark saluted Taylor in a witty retort to Leonardo DiCaprio's ribbing on Thursday afternoon, August 4. "I am sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me. So, we're both out of a job, dude," he said to his co-star in "The Departed", pointing to the "Abduction" star.
"We're screwed," the star of "The Fighter" continued on as those who gathered at the Beverly Hills Hotel for the Golden Globes lunch burst into laughter. "It's over, dude. 'Titanic' and 'Boogie Nights' were a long time ago. I accept it. I had a good run and on to the next."
Taylor, Mark and Leo were among a number of Hollywood stars who helped present and accept the $1.5 million, which were given to 46 nonprofit and educational organizations in grants. Those present included Gerard Butler, Lea Michele, Elizabeth Olsen, Elisabeth Moss and Kevin Bacon.
More Taylor Lautner News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons