Taylor Lautner Finds It Surreal Being Saluted by Mark Wahlberg
Taylor Lautner can't hide his surprise after receiving a praise from fellow actor Mark Wahlberg at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual luncheon. Sharing how he felt hearing that, the "Twilight Saga" hunk told Marc Malkin of E!, "I don't even know the word to describe being here."
"It's so odd. It's such an honor," the 19-year-old actor elaborated his response. He further explained, "I'm up on the stage and talking in front of people like that? The people that I looked up to my entire life? Hearing words like that from Mark and everybody it's just really surreal."
Mark saluted Taylor in a witty retort to Leonardo DiCaprio's ribbing on Thursday afternoon, August 4. "I am sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me. So, we're both out of a job, dude," he said to his co-star in "The Departed", pointing to the "Abduction" star.
"We're screwed," the star of "The Fighter" continued on as those who gathered at the Beverly Hills Hotel for the Golden Globes lunch burst into laughter. "It's over, dude. 'Titanic' and 'Boogie Nights' were a long time ago. I accept it. I had a good run and on to the next."
Taylor, Mark and Leo were among a number of Hollywood stars who helped present and accept the $1.5 million, which were given to 46 nonprofit and educational organizations in grants. Those present included Gerard Butler, Lea Michele, Elizabeth Olsen, Elisabeth Moss and Kevin Bacon.
More Taylor Lautner News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?