'Grease' Star Died at 63 Out of Cancer
Annette Charles or better known as Cha Cha DiGregorio in Paramount's 1978 hit film "Grease" has died at the age of 63. Her rep confirmed that the actress died on Wednesday, August 3 in her Los Angeles home due to complication from cancer.
"Annette had recently started having difficulty breathing ... and when she went to the doctor she learned that she had a cancerous tumor in her one of her lungs," a family member told TMZ. A full statement is expected within the next 24 hours.
Annette's character in "Grease" is the girlfriend of Dennis Stewart's Leo. Although a villain, Cha Cha dances with good guys lead character Danny Zucko and his pal Kenickie at the big, televised school dance competition.
Annette's last act on TV was in 1987 when she guest starred on "Magnum, P.I.".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics