'Grease' Star Died at 63 Out of Cancer
Annette Charles or better known as Cha Cha DiGregorio in Paramount's 1978 hit film "Grease" has died at the age of 63. Her rep confirmed that the actress died on Wednesday, August 3 in her Los Angeles home due to complication from cancer.
"Annette had recently started having difficulty breathing ... and when she went to the doctor she learned that she had a cancerous tumor in her one of her lungs," a family member told TMZ. A full statement is expected within the next 24 hours.
Annette's character in "Grease" is the girlfriend of Dennis Stewart's Leo. Although a villain, Cha Cha dances with good guys lead character Danny Zucko and his pal Kenickie at the big, televised school dance competition.
Annette's last act on TV was in 1987 when she guest starred on "Magnum, P.I.".
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle