'Grease' Star Died at 63 Out of Cancer
Annette Charles or better known as Cha Cha DiGregorio in Paramount's 1978 hit film "Grease" has died at the age of 63. Her rep confirmed that the actress died on Wednesday, August 3 in her Los Angeles home due to complication from cancer.
"Annette had recently started having difficulty breathing ... and when she went to the doctor she learned that she had a cancerous tumor in her one of her lungs," a family member told TMZ. A full statement is expected within the next 24 hours.
Annette's character in "Grease" is the girlfriend of Dennis Stewart's Leo. Although a villain, Cha Cha dances with good guys lead character Danny Zucko and his pal Kenickie at the big, televised school dance competition.
Annette's last act on TV was in 1987 when she guest starred on "Magnum, P.I.".
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?