'Grease' Star Died at 63 Out of Cancer
Annette Charles or better known as Cha Cha DiGregorio in Paramount's 1978 hit film "Grease" has died at the age of 63. Her rep confirmed that the actress died on Wednesday, August 3 in her Los Angeles home due to complication from cancer.
"Annette had recently started having difficulty breathing ... and when she went to the doctor she learned that she had a cancerous tumor in her one of her lungs," a family member told TMZ. A full statement is expected within the next 24 hours.
Annette's character in "Grease" is the girlfriend of Dennis Stewart's Leo. Although a villain, Cha Cha dances with good guys lead character Danny Zucko and his pal Kenickie at the big, televised school dance competition.
Annette's last act on TV was in 1987 when she guest starred on "Magnum, P.I.".
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online
- More Than 90 People Hospitalized During Chance the Rapper's Connecticut Show