The Superman Costume in 'Man of Steel' Revealed
The first photograph from studio Warner Brothers on "Man of Steel" reveals how the new Superman will look like. Henry Cavill posed in front of a busted bank vault in the iconic suit which is now scale-like and rather shiny.
Cavill, who starred in Showtime's "The Tudors", said that he had to consume at least 5,000 calories a day to get in the shape right for the role. "You've got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs. You've gotta keep your hunger levels going," he told Total Film, adding "I'm training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman."
The superhero film which is directed by Zack Snyder will hit theaters in 2013. Screenplay was written by David S. Goyer and developed from a story by Goyer and Christopher Nolan.
More Man of Steel News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'