Video: Coldplay Covered Amy Winehouse at Concert
Coldplay paid a tribute to Amy Winehouse during their live performance at Los Angeles Tennis Center which was taped also for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". The rock band, who are promoting their latest singles "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Charlie Brown", played the late singer's "Rehab" in front of their "Fix You".
Frontman Chris Martin sat behind his piano and led the crowd to sing the opening lines of "Rehab". He paused before jumping to the band's mellow song which Martin wrote for wife Gwyneth Paltrow when her father passed away.
Beyond the short Winehouse tribute, the performance actually was the first time the band played "Every Teardrop" and "Charlie Brown" live on American TV. Both tracks are taken from their upcoming fifth album which is yet to get a title. In the concert that benefits Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program, they performed a total of 18 songs in 90 minutes
The band will head to Chicago on Friday, August 5 to play at Lollapalooza.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer