Video: Coldplay Covered Amy Winehouse at Concert
Coldplay paid a tribute to Amy Winehouse during their live performance at Los Angeles Tennis Center which was taped also for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". The rock band, who are promoting their latest singles "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Charlie Brown", played the late singer's "Rehab" in front of their "Fix You".
Frontman Chris Martin sat behind his piano and led the crowd to sing the opening lines of "Rehab". He paused before jumping to the band's mellow song which Martin wrote for wife Gwyneth Paltrow when her father passed away.
Beyond the short Winehouse tribute, the performance actually was the first time the band played "Every Teardrop" and "Charlie Brown" live on American TV. Both tracks are taken from their upcoming fifth album which is yet to get a title. In the concert that benefits Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program, they performed a total of 18 songs in 90 minutes
The band will head to Chicago on Friday, August 5 to play at Lollapalooza.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes