Video: Coldplay Covered Amy Winehouse at Concert
Coldplay paid a tribute to Amy Winehouse during their live performance at Los Angeles Tennis Center which was taped also for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". The rock band, who are promoting their latest singles "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Charlie Brown", played the late singer's "Rehab" in front of their "Fix You".
Frontman Chris Martin sat behind his piano and led the crowd to sing the opening lines of "Rehab". He paused before jumping to the band's mellow song which Martin wrote for wife Gwyneth Paltrow when her father passed away.
Beyond the short Winehouse tribute, the performance actually was the first time the band played "Every Teardrop" and "Charlie Brown" live on American TV. Both tracks are taken from their upcoming fifth album which is yet to get a title. In the concert that benefits Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program, they performed a total of 18 songs in 90 minutes
The band will head to Chicago on Friday, August 5 to play at Lollapalooza.
More Coldplay News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image