Video: Coldplay Covered Amy Winehouse at Concert
Coldplay paid a tribute to Amy Winehouse during their live performance at Los Angeles Tennis Center which was taped also for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". The rock band, who are promoting their latest singles "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Charlie Brown", played the late singer's "Rehab" in front of their "Fix You".
Frontman Chris Martin sat behind his piano and led the crowd to sing the opening lines of "Rehab". He paused before jumping to the band's mellow song which Martin wrote for wife Gwyneth Paltrow when her father passed away.
Beyond the short Winehouse tribute, the performance actually was the first time the band played "Every Teardrop" and "Charlie Brown" live on American TV. Both tracks are taken from their upcoming fifth album which is yet to get a title. In the concert that benefits Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program, they performed a total of 18 songs in 90 minutes
The band will head to Chicago on Friday, August 5 to play at Lollapalooza.
More Coldplay News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour