Video: Coldplay Covered Amy Winehouse at Concert
Coldplay paid a tribute to Amy Winehouse during their live performance at Los Angeles Tennis Center which was taped also for "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". The rock band, who are promoting their latest singles "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" and "Charlie Brown", played the late singer's "Rehab" in front of their "Fix You".
Frontman Chris Martin sat behind his piano and led the crowd to sing the opening lines of "Rehab". He paused before jumping to the band's mellow song which Martin wrote for wife Gwyneth Paltrow when her father passed away.
Beyond the short Winehouse tribute, the performance actually was the first time the band played "Every Teardrop" and "Charlie Brown" live on American TV. Both tracks are taken from their upcoming fifth album which is yet to get a title. In the concert that benefits Grammy Foundation's Grammy in the Schools music education program, they performed a total of 18 songs in 90 minutes
The band will head to Chicago on Friday, August 5 to play at Lollapalooza.
More Coldplay News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo