Demi Lovato Refuses to Put the Blame for Meltdown on Joe Jonas
Does Demi Lovato blame ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas for her meltdown? The songstress, who is known for her portrayal of Sonny Munroe on "Sonny with a Chance", is featured in the September issue of Elle magazine, and stressed in the article, "I wouldn't credit my meltdown to a guy."
While she insisted that the one-third of the Jonas Brothers was hardly the cause of her breakdown, the 18-year-old did admit that her heartbreak was an aggravating factor. Still, she played down its significance and stated, "There was so much other stuff in my life." It is noted that the former couple have had no contact since.
Recalling the days leading to the incident that landed her in rehab, the "Skyscraper" singer said, "I was completely out of line all summer. Just the worst attitude - totally ungrateful." She then opened up about why she punched backup dancer Alex Welch during a flight to Peru. "I just felt like she'd betrayed me," she shared. "That's the bottom line."
The incident was all that the "Camp Rock" star needed to realize she had spiraled out of control. "When you punch someone on a plane, enough is enough," she stated. "Right after, I texted my mom and just said, 'I'm sorry.' "
During the chat, Demi also addressed the excuse her publicist gave on the cutting marks on her left wrist. "I don't think I would have been ready to talk about [my problems] then, but I could've come up with something better than gummy bracelets," she said. "Needless to say, that publicist is no longer with us. [Pause] I mean, she's alive."
More Demi Lovato News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance