The CW Orders More Episodes of 'Gossip Girl', 'Supernatural' and 2 Others
Four of The CW's returning series will have an extended season. Having received a full season order each, "Gossip Girl", "Supernatural", "90210" and "Nikita" are picked up for more episodes in the network's attempt to keep the amount of reruns during the mid-season to a minimum.
Deadline reports that CW has ordered two more episodes for "Gossip Girl" and "90210", bringing their orders to 24 episodes each. As for "Supernatural" and sophomore "Nikita", they get one additional episode each which will extend their runs to 23 episodes apiece.
Surprisingly, "The Vampire Diaries" which has kept solid ratings is not included in this supersized order. This is apparently due to the fact that its extensive post-production process will lead to longer production times. Moreover, showrunner Kevin Willimason has also been occupied with handling new series for CW, "The Secret Circle".
In another news, CW has topped GLAAD's fifth annual Network Responsibility Index of best network among the broadcast networks. It leads with 33 percent LGBT-inclusive programming, followed by FOX (29%) and ABC (23%).
ABC Family, meanwhile, received an "Excellent" rating for including 55 percent LGBT-inclusive images in its original prime-time programming. Trailing behind it are Showtime (37%), TNT (33%), HBO (31%), Lifetime (31%), AMC (29%), and Syfy (22%).
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21