The CW Orders More Episodes of 'Gossip Girl', 'Supernatural' and 2 Others
Four of The CW's returning series will have an extended season. Having received a full season order each, "Gossip Girl", "Supernatural", "90210" and "Nikita" are picked up for more episodes in the network's attempt to keep the amount of reruns during the mid-season to a minimum.
Deadline reports that CW has ordered two more episodes for "Gossip Girl" and "90210", bringing their orders to 24 episodes each. As for "Supernatural" and sophomore "Nikita", they get one additional episode each which will extend their runs to 23 episodes apiece.
Surprisingly, "The Vampire Diaries" which has kept solid ratings is not included in this supersized order. This is apparently due to the fact that its extensive post-production process will lead to longer production times. Moreover, showrunner Kevin Willimason has also been occupied with handling new series for CW, "The Secret Circle".
In another news, CW has topped GLAAD's fifth annual Network Responsibility Index of best network among the broadcast networks. It leads with 33 percent LGBT-inclusive programming, followed by FOX (29%) and ABC (23%).
ABC Family, meanwhile, received an "Excellent" rating for including 55 percent LGBT-inclusive images in its original prime-time programming. Trailing behind it are Showtime (37%), TNT (33%), HBO (31%), Lifetime (31%), AMC (29%), and Syfy (22%).
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2