The CW Orders More Episodes of 'Gossip Girl', 'Supernatural' and 2 Others
Four of The CW's returning series will have an extended season. Having received a full season order each, "Gossip Girl", "Supernatural", "90210" and "Nikita" are picked up for more episodes in the network's attempt to keep the amount of reruns during the mid-season to a minimum.
Deadline reports that CW has ordered two more episodes for "Gossip Girl" and "90210", bringing their orders to 24 episodes each. As for "Supernatural" and sophomore "Nikita", they get one additional episode each which will extend their runs to 23 episodes apiece.
Surprisingly, "The Vampire Diaries" which has kept solid ratings is not included in this supersized order. This is apparently due to the fact that its extensive post-production process will lead to longer production times. Moreover, showrunner Kevin Willimason has also been occupied with handling new series for CW, "The Secret Circle".
In another news, CW has topped GLAAD's fifth annual Network Responsibility Index of best network among the broadcast networks. It leads with 33 percent LGBT-inclusive programming, followed by FOX (29%) and ABC (23%).
ABC Family, meanwhile, received an "Excellent" rating for including 55 percent LGBT-inclusive images in its original prime-time programming. Trailing behind it are Showtime (37%), TNT (33%), HBO (31%), Lifetime (31%), AMC (29%), and Syfy (22%).
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle