'Glee' Wants Mean Girls, Big Linebacker and Geometry Teacher
New Directions' kids may have to be prepared for interventions coming from more new characters. TVLine has learned that "Glee" is casting four roles for season 3, and two of them are described as mean girls.
Sugar is an affluent, self-confident student who cannot sing. She will be seen as a high school version of former "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub. Meanwhile, Sheila is a tattooed rocker chick who is described as a modern-day Joan Jett.
Another new character is a guy who has been said to be dating Mercedes over the summer. His name is Bubba and he is a linebacker with a big figure. The McKinley High students will also welcome Nancy Bletheim, a geometry teacher in her 60s who doesn't care for the arts.
There is still no word on whether "The Glee Project" winner will take one of these roles. Previously, the show was reported adding a character who can sing like Adele and Susan Boyle, and another student who can sing all kinds of music.
"Glee" season 3 will premiere this fall on Tuesday, September 20 at 8 P.M. ET/PT on FOX.
More Glee News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'