Alec Baldwin Back to Hosting Duty on 'Saturday Night Live'
While reporting about the possibility of Alec Baldwin not returning to "30 Rock", NY Times dished out that the actor has been tapped to host "Saturday Night Live" again. Baldwin would return to the variety show this fall and it would be his 16th time taking the duty.
Baldwin is included in Saturday Night Live's Five Timer's Club, aka a list of celebrities who have hosted more than five times. He is in the first place, in tie with Steve Martin who hosted the Oscars with him last year.
At the same time, it is said that "Bridesmaids" and "Mike & Molly" star Melissa McCarthy is also hired to host the new season of "SNL". The breakout star is assigned for the 37th season's second episode. Meanwhile, executive producer Lorne Michaels confirmed that the entire cast would return.
Michaels also talked about the involvement of Baldwin in the Emmy-winning "30 Rock". Although the actor had hinted his exit, Michaels said, "I would hope he would want to go on. But we're going to keep doing the show."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order