Sean Kingston: I Had Two Open Heart Surgeries Post Jet Ski Accident
Months after he crashed his jet ski to a bridge in Florida, Sean Kingston opened up about how serious his injuries were. In his first televised interview after the May accident, the singer who collaborates with Justin Bieber in single "Eenie Meenie" unraveled that he underwent two open heart surgeries.
During the "MTV First" special, the 21-year-old told Sway Calloway, "A lot of people don't know it was a deeper situation. I had open heart surgery and I had two other surgeries; it was a life-or-death situation." He revealed that he underwent emergency surgery when he was about to be discharged from the hospital.
"They were gonna send me home, but then I had felt a pain in my left chest, and I told my mom," the R&B singer recalled. "They rushed me and they did a lot of scans on me, [and] they said I couldn't leave." He then revealed he has to go under the knife to repair a torn aorta. Still, it wasn't the end. He added that "they had to go back in for other things."
As for his current condition, Sean assured, "I'm doing good. I'm feeling great. I'm excited. I'm happy." He went on to share that he's not taking life for granted now. "What the accident basically taught me is, in life, you have to count your blessings," he explained. "You just got to keep God present at all times and think about the consequences."
During the Tuesday (August 2) chat, the "Beautiful Girls" hitmaker said that he was going about 35 miles an hour when the incident happened. He admitted to have miscalculated how high the tide had risen before his collision with a bridge. Despite the accident, he said, "I'm definitely going to be jet-skiing again. I have to overcome my fear. It wasn't the jet ski, it was not knowing the area."
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern