Sean Kingston: I Had Two Open Heart Surgeries Post Jet Ski Accident
Months after he crashed his jet ski to a bridge in Florida, Sean Kingston opened up about how serious his injuries were. In his first televised interview after the May accident, the singer who collaborates with Justin Bieber in single "Eenie Meenie" unraveled that he underwent two open heart surgeries.
During the "MTV First" special, the 21-year-old told Sway Calloway, "A lot of people don't know it was a deeper situation. I had open heart surgery and I had two other surgeries; it was a life-or-death situation." He revealed that he underwent emergency surgery when he was about to be discharged from the hospital.
"They were gonna send me home, but then I had felt a pain in my left chest, and I told my mom," the R&B singer recalled. "They rushed me and they did a lot of scans on me, [and] they said I couldn't leave." He then revealed he has to go under the knife to repair a torn aorta. Still, it wasn't the end. He added that "they had to go back in for other things."
As for his current condition, Sean assured, "I'm doing good. I'm feeling great. I'm excited. I'm happy." He went on to share that he's not taking life for granted now. "What the accident basically taught me is, in life, you have to count your blessings," he explained. "You just got to keep God present at all times and think about the consequences."
During the Tuesday (August 2) chat, the "Beautiful Girls" hitmaker said that he was going about 35 miles an hour when the incident happened. He admitted to have miscalculated how high the tide had risen before his collision with a bridge. Despite the accident, he said, "I'm definitely going to be jet-skiing again. I have to overcome my fear. It wasn't the jet ski, it was not knowing the area."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake